New and ready to go!

Options
After years of struggle, and lack of motivation, bloodwork last week has made my journey to a better me a requirement not just a thought. Darn insulin resistance has crept up on me but I'm focused on making the right changes myself so I don't end up on a lifetime of maintenance medication. My plan (under Dr/dietician care) is starting with cleaner foods, intermittent fasting (12:12 to start with a goal of 16:8), a combination of strength training and cardio, get outside more to exercise and generally live a less sedentary life with better eating habits. I'm excited to use the tools in MFP and downloaded the app 'Done' for non fitness habits like reading, journaling and decluttering which are helpful to get my head in the game overall. I'm setting short and long term goals and doing it right this time for me. Excited to join all you amazing folks making the same commitments to a better you, and always up for an accountability partner/team if anyone is interested.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,069 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community!!
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Exciting to see you join the community.

What did you learn most about the information you received regarding your blood?

What's your next step to success? How are you working through your news? Are you considering professional assistance to help you through your journey?

I applaud your bravery to look into your own information. I realize how sobering it can be to learn how we're not really invincible.

Keep up the good work!

Best your friend UP
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I’m trying the 18:6. Gets easier with time. I’m also counting my calories during my 6 hours to not over do it.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,615 Member
    Options
    It sure sounds like you're setting yourself up for success. You have reasonable goals, and you are motivated to have a healthier and long life! It's amazing what changes a person can make when faced with something big and scary.

You're wise to work with your doctor to make sure you're not doing too much or going too fast. The fact that you have both long AND short term goals already puts you ahead of many folks who haven't put so much thought into it.

Keep working on getting a little better every day. Some days will be really hard. Oh well. That's how it is. Celebrate the successes, and keep moving to the person you know you will become.