Fitbit

Options
gailflack
gailflack Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello
Does anyone use a Fitbit? Can you connect the Fitbit with myfitness pal?

Replies

• melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was able to link mine a couple days back. Should be able to go into your settings and click on devices and do it that way.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,180 Member
    Options
    It's possible. Good Luck. I used a Garmin with MFP for a long time. In 2022 I got a little fitbit and connected it to MFP.

I found it is a little tricky, and it doesn't do exactly what I think it should do, but for what it is it's a nice combo. Please reply back if you want to work through it together.
  • sissonj404
    sissonj404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've noticed linking fitbit and mfp can be a bit tricky (as chris stated already). From what I can tell, any exercise should be entered in fitbit (as normal) and a summary (i.e. calories burned) will get sync'd to MFP. Any food should be entered in MFP and a summary will get sync'd to FitBit (i.e. "summary of breakfast" with macros and such). Where people run in to trouble is they enter exercise in MFP, or food in Fitbit. Weight is the one that tripped me up, but if you enter your weight and measurements in MFP *only*, they seem to continually sync to FitBit (I think I entered my weight in FitBit at one point, which caused them to get out of sync, so I had to unlink/relink to fix it).
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded from charge 3 to charge 5 and lost ALL of my friends, ALL of my challenges, ALL of my badges EVERYTHING! I am so upset!
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is linked. I use the steps for my extra-calorie cushion. I don’t enter any other exercise in either app.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Yes and yes.
    Just read and follow the instructions, it’s not that hard.
    One item to note — the Fitbit exercises don’t import directly into mfp. Rather, Fitbit send to mfp total calories burned for the day. Then mfp calculates a calorie exercise adjustment.
  • dro6632
    dro6632 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do like the barcode feature is free on Fitbit unlike MFP. Currently debating whether I should just use Fitbit app instead.
  • mrsbsims
    mrsbsims Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get my steps to sync. Says connected but steps still say 0
  • LarryLorenz
    LarryLorenz Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Garmin and Samsung watches work great. I guess if you want a fairly barebones watch style device a Fitbit would great
  • promolaunch
    promolaunch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried for years to try to connect my Fitbit to MFP. It never works. I just need to call customer support. ugh.