Join Me in Losing 100lb

Options
Akiera34
Akiera34 Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2023 in Getting Started
Hi All,

I have 100lbs to lose. I’m looking for people to support and motivate me along this journey as I will support and motivate you on yours. It’s a new year and I’m working on a new me. I restarted my weight loss journey January 1st. So far, so good.

Feel free to add me or send invites!

Replies

• Sunstonevibes
    Sunstonevibes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im working on the 100 lost too! Glad your here :)
  • maryschwartzroby
    maryschwartzroby Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm also working on 100 lbs. Just started today.
  • bettercallsue
    bettercallsue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 100 yo lose. Down 12 so far. Can't figure out how to add people 🤣
  • deoleen
    deoleen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have about 50 lbs to lose and would love some encouragement and motivation. 🙂
  • FabNFitFor40
    FabNFitFor40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have about 100lb to lose too.
    Anyone looking for friends, feel free to send me a request.
  • push4ward
    push4ward Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 100 boat too!! Down 6.7 since beginning 12/28. I wanted it to be a lifestyle change and not a New Years resolution, so I started a couple days early. :D
    Would love to join you in your journey!
  • OhioDido
    OhioDido Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m a 59 year old grandfather working to lose 50 pounds. As I get older, excess weight takes a toll. Need to be there for my family. Having friends on MFP helps. Good luck to you on this journey.
  • TeamCap12
    TeamCap12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request. I too am looking to lose 100lbs and started Jan 1.
  • NJ1959
    NJ1959 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. Also starting my 100# weight loss journey!
  • slowmotam
    slowmotam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined a few days ago and need to lose over 100lbs. It feels overwhelming....but I need to do this!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    There is an organized Group here on myfitnesspal that you all may find some good info and comraderie/support. It's for people losing a good amount of weight. You can read the posts here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

...and there is a "Join" button at the top if you want to post in the group.

I lost 80ish pounds many years ago using this site. I used (and still use) my FOOD log and learned from it daily. I also made notes about how I was feeling, what foods seemed to help me stay full longer, which foods tend to trigger me to over-eat, etc.

Good luck to all of you, I know you can do it.
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm also working on 100+ lbs to lose and don't really have a network to keep me motivated so feel free to add me or shoot me a message so we can lose this weight together!
  • PKDfighter74
    PKDfighter74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 90lbs so far and would like to lose more. Add me!
  • Maelogic
    Maelogic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!
  • notepiper
    notepiper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking to join a community. Need to lose 150+ down 40 since last September but recently gained 10 in March. Back to low carb as it seems to work best.
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Started my 'official' journey December 2021. Down about 82lbs and have 70lbs to go. Please feel free to add me.
  • juliag67
    juliag67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all I also have 100 plus to lose..I just lost 40 lbs..I have autoimmune and
    am steriod dependant. Whoohooo lol Im glad there is a tribe for me..🙃.
  • c0pperf0x
    c0pperf0x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Back here again. So my biggest goal is to stick with my diet and go to the gym. I keep letting life get in the way, but that's not really a good excuse.

Last fall I was up around the 360s. Sitting at 335 now. Would like to be down to 300 this summer. Ultimately would like to down to 175.

Trying IF a bit, but it's hard with an ever changing schedule. It's also hard to develope a routine like getting to the gym. Makes it hard to follow through when you have no routine!

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    c0pperf0x wrote: »
    Back here again. So my biggest goal is to stick with my diet and go to the gym. I keep letting life get in the way, but that's not really a good excuse.

Last fall I was up around the 360s. Sitting at 335 now. Would like to be down to 300 this summer. Ultimately would like to down to 175.

Trying IF a bit, but it's hard with an ever changing schedule. It's also hard to develope a routine like getting to the gym. Makes it hard to follow through when you have no routine!

Yeah...shift work can mess with things...but.

I had every excuse in the book. This is your life, you deserve to be healthy and active. Losing weight was one of the best things I've done for my life and health. My quality of life and mental health is so much better now.
    Find a way.

You don't have to go to a gym to lose weight. It's all about calories. Log everything you eat. I assume you're finding time to eat at some point during your day? Make that food count. Lots of vegetables. Prep your food on your days off or when you have an extra hour. Take your lunch. Don't buy or eat anything not brought in by you. If your work has a lot of potlucks or snacks in the lunch room or birthday cakes etc. - don't eat them. If you didn't bring it in yourself it's not for you. Don't stop for food on the way home, bring a protein bar in your bag.

Make a list for the grocery store. Stick to it. If you live with other people, their snacks are not for you. Don't eat them, and put them away where you won't see them.

As far as exercise? (I don't go to a gym, jus' sayin'.) You can find 30 minutes somewhere. Not only that, you can create more movement in your day. Park further away or get off the bus two stops early. Park way out in the parking lots. Take the stairs. Walk to your coworkers instead of emailing. On breaks, walk up and down stairwells or walk around your parking lot/building. Take long walks outdoors on your days off. Buy some resistance bands to use at home and do that every day for 10 minutes. Vacuum the whole house every day. Wash your car once a week. Do active things.
    Find a way.

This is your life.

• obstacle_overcomer
    obstacle_overcomer Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing my first big goal of 100#. Sending a friend request! :)