Beach Body Programs

Options
Hello I’m new here and trying to get back into working out. I was wondering if anyone has used beach body workouts and what results they had?

Replies

• age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I have used Beachbody on demand for a about five years.

I like the calendars. It takes the guess work out of choosing a workout. I also like that each workout has multiple participants and most have a modifier. What I don’t like about BoD is they are constantly pushing shakeology.

The annual cost has gone up and two years ago I also started using FitOn. It is a free app. There is a pro version, which I upgraded to last summer. I can’t remember how much the pro version is, but do recall every month they’d reduce the price. I upgraded when it was 70% off + additional 20% off and the 70% off price guaranteed for future years. It was about $35 for the year.

The FitOn workouts are equally good as the BOD workouts.

I still have both and except for the last 6 weeks would follow a bod program and use fiton to supplement or replace a bod workout.

Now to your question: results?

Personally, I believe the results you get are based on the work you do.
    When I follow the bod programs I definitely get the results I’m working toward.

Four years ago, using mfp for food logging and bod for exercise, I lost 10 pounds and increased my muscle mass.

Like many people, since COVID and working from home, I’ve put on 15 pounds (yup I currently weigh 5 pounds more than I did). I’m currently feeling a bit discouraged, but still exercise most days.

There is a Beachbody group here in mfp. It isn’t very active though.

I’m happy to share more about bod or do a program with you.
  • xTechDeath
    xTechDeath Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try to do one of their cardio workouts everyday, usually something off of insanity or p90x, great way to burn calories
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends has done it for quite awhile and she really likes it. The bottom line is any good program that you enjoy and actually DO will be beneficial. If you’ve researched it and it sounds like you’ll like it then try it for awhile. You can always stop if you don’t enjoy it. Just remember that diet is the prime factor for Fatloss
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Another option for you: BOD has a sample workout for most programs that are free. Try a couple of those before you commit to a membership.

For the past month or two I’ve only been doing fiton workouts. On Monday this week, I started bod MBF (muscle burns fat) program again. I’ve done it before. I really like this program because every day is a brand new workout and the workouts build on each other.