Which one is more important? Macros per day, per meal or per each meal item?

Options
cinalicikler
cinalicikler Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone,
In the nutrition diaries we write each meal or estimations. Which one do you think is more useful, relevant and important? Could you also explain why this is the case for you?

Which one is more important? Macros per day, per meal or per each meal item? 9 votes

Daily Macros
55%
BrianSharpeThomasPMcinaliciklertomcustombuilderjsherwin1964 5 votes
Macros per Meal ( Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
11%
nsk1951 1 vote
Macros per Meal Item ( Such as spagetti, cookies etc)
0%
Weekly Macros
22%
G8rRayniknikcooke 2 votes
Other
11%
Wynterbourne 1 vote

Replies

• cinalicikler
    Options
    Daily Macros
    I am really unsure about this and would really appreciate suggestions from everyone :blush:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    What about the answers you got on your similar (identical?) post over in the Health and Weight Loss part of the Community forum? This one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10882315/help-with-decision-please-which-one-should-i-note-down-macros-per-day-per-meal-or-per-each-meal#latest

Most of us read multiple areas, and I think it's actually counter to the published Community Guidelines for one person to cross post the same thing in multiple topic areas (which I'm not supposed to point out, either ;) . I'm not trying to be critical; I'm trying to be informative, since I think you're fairly new here. ).

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

You've probably gotten answers on that other thread from most experienced people who feel inclined to answer. Asking follow-up questions there, or bumping the other thread a couple of times with a new comment/question if it drops off page 1 quickly, might draw a few more answers out of the woodwork, but it's hard to say.

Why not just try an approach for a week or two yourself, see how it works out, shift to a different focus if you don't like that first approach?

Before I retired, I was a systems analyst. There's a thing called "analysis paralysis" where we try to figure out the exact right answer up front before we even start, when instead a little analysis followed
    by a little experimentation may really be the quickest, most effective route to a good outcome. Just something to consider.

Whatever you decide, I wish you excellent results!
  • cinalicikler
    Options
    Daily Macros
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    What about the answers you got on your similar (identical?) post over in the Health and Weight Loss part of the Community forum? This one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10882315/help-with-decision-please-which-one-should-i-note-down-macros-per-day-per-meal-or-per-each-meal#latest

Most of us read multiple areas, and I think it's actually counter to the published Community Guidelines for one person to cross post the same thing in multiple topic areas (which I'm not supposed to point out, either ;) . I'm not trying to be critical; I'm trying to be informative, since I think you're fairly new here. ).

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

You've probably gotten answers on that other thread from most experienced people who feel inclined to answer. Asking follow-up questions there, or bumping the other thread a couple of times with a new comment/question if it drops off page 1 quickly, might draw a few more answers out of the woodwork, but it's hard to say.

Why not just try an approach for a week or two yourself, see how it works out, shift to a different focus if you don't like that first approach?

Before I retired, I was a systems analyst. There's a thing called "analysis paralysis" where we try to figure out the exact right answer up front before we even start, when instead a little analysis followed
    by a little experimentation may really be the quickest, most effective route to a good outcome. Just something to consider.

Whatever you decide, I wish you excellent results!

Thank you for your kind answers. I thought there could be more ideas in different forums but as you have stated it might not have been the best idea :disappointed: Could you please retire this post? :blush:
This discussion has been closed.