Breakfast ideas needed

Options
2»

Replies

• cheryl59
    cheryl59 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I totally understand what you are saying!! It seems like I never got full but then I discovered this protein shake. So you take a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( I like Trader Joe's brand) hen to that add one scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein powder and a half of a banana ( I freeze my bananas) and then 1 Tlb of Better N Peanut Butter (also at Trader Joe's) and blend. It is so packed full of protein that you won't miss anything and lunch will creep up on you before you know it. Have a bowl of cantaloupe or some other kind of fruit with it and you will be set.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    Everyone here has great suggestions that will definitely work for you because it sounds like you are missing the protein and that's why you are not getting filled up. Also, keep in mind that you don't have to eat traditional breakfast food for breakfast. You can have your favorite healthy meal anytime of the day, even if its a grilled chicken breast and asparagus or something else un-breakfast-like. Don't back yourself into a breakfast corner.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with bran cereal (I like Kroger Carbmaster yogurt with AllBran, but yogurt preferences vary) and a Morningstar veggie patty. Some protein, some carbs, and keeps me full until lunch
  • cluvenit
    cluvenit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know its tough, but breakfast should be your largest meal of the day. I either do oatmeal (sugar free brown cinamon and sugar) with truvia sprinkled on top and a dash of cinamon gets your sweet tooth too! I also get natures own double fiber 40 calories a slice bread. toast one piece in the toaster spray it with spray butter when it comes out and tear it up into my oatmeal. If Im really hungry I will have some oikos greek yogurt with it (this is an excellent source of protein)---- if I dont do oatmeal I do egg beaters-whites only- with 1 yolk from a regular egg (for protein) a piece of the natures own bread- put spray butter on the bread and in seperate bowl mix truvia and cinamon together- sprinkle over buttered bread and pop in oven on broil for about 2-3 minutes and you got cinamon toast with only 40 calores. On my eggs Im kind of weird and like to eat them with syrup. of course syrup is awful for you but-- I did find some sugar free, calorie free, gluten free syrup that is AWESOME! It is make by Walden Farms. (they have an amazing bacon ranch dressing too you may want to try- I honestly like it better than regular ranch believe it or not.) In addition to the syrup I put some pepper and some fat free swiss cheese melted on them. usually just 1/4 of a slice broke up into pieces and melted on the top of the eggs. I also ALWAYS have a protein shake in the morning. "Isoflex" makes a chocolate powder that I mix with 3/4 of a bottled water and about 1/4 of almond milk (the unsweeteened 35 calorie a cup kind) The shake actually even has chocolate chips in the powder. Its awesome- and zero carbs and a TON of protein. All together with either meal you are looking around 250-300 calories. You get nearly 50-60 grams of protein and the carbs are in the 20-30 range... hope this helps a little. Good luck on your journey!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I make this great breakfast sandwich every morning and it really does fill me up until lunch. English muffin, 2 egg whites, two (sometimes three) pieces of turkey bacon, onion, and a little tobacco sauce :explode: . (Of course, if you don't like the spice, a little ketchup or other sauce of your choice will work too).

I don't add cheese (:noway:) because this is delicious without it. It comes out to a little less than 300 calories, is super delicious and fills me up until lunch.

:love: PERFECTO! :love:
  • cwalsh1989
    cwalsh1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank! This sounds amazing, gotta try it!!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Eggs (I prefer egg whites with veggies and a slice of cheese)
    Oatmeal
    Cereal
    English muffin/toast with peanut butter
  • carriem29
    Options
    I have a muffin top pan and every Sunday I will make up six egg sandwiches for the week. I put 1/4 cup egg beaters and then cut up one turkey sausage link in each "well" and bake for about 12 minutes. I will put that on a thin whole wheat bagel and usually have that with a banana and an iced coffee. I don't know the calories since I count points, but it is only 6 and keeps me full.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Try an egg casserole. You bake it in a 9x13 pan separate into portion sizes and can heat one every morning. They even freeze well! There are lots of recipes on line. My favorite is a combination of whole eggs, egg whites, onion, asparagus, mushrooms, low-fat or fat free cheese, skim milk and whole wheat. It tastes amazing, is low calorie and fat and keeps me feeling full and satisfied. Good luck :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg whites with some veggies, like spinach, asparagus, or mushrooms
    non fat greek yogurt with organic granola and mixed berries.
    100 cal whole wheat sandwich thin with turkey breast meat
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat meat for breakfast... I'm not used to eating much usually I have special K or oats or toast with something on (depends whats in the house).

I like scrambled egg or boiled egg on toast but I only tend to have it at weekends or bacon/sausage sandwich cos I thought I'd get overweight with cooked breakfast everyday!
  • lonczakm
    lonczakm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Light and fit yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup grapenuts and 1/2 c berries. Fills me up like nothing else!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I know its tough, but breakfast should be your largest meal of the day.

IMO this really depends on your schedule of physicality. In fact, most of the Men's Health (a source I tend to respect, personally) fitness and nutrition guides I have read recommend that you reserve about a quarter of your daily calories for breakfast. If you eat a couple of snacks throughout your day and plan on having dinner your smallest meal (as I think we all agree you should), that leaves lunch as my biggest. My breakfast isn't much smaller, but it usually is by 200 cals or so. I guess a lot of how you want to plan it has to be based on the spans of time between your meals, when you're working out, and what you'd like your food to do for you...
  • saugustin07
    saugustin07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a boiled egg and a piece of fruit or have oatmeal made from oats add cinnamon/ flax seeds/ honey with a egg. I eat eggs everyday because I stay fuller longer.