Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping! Loved the article. A great read.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Bump
  • Bequiaman
    Bequiaman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Loved the article
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wish had something more interesting to share on here but eh
    Bump
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    bump
  • susandoll16
    susandoll16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you all...I feel so much better now. I had a huge weight loss of 4 pounds, then a gain of 4 pounds in a couple of days, so I was very discouraged. Now I know it will be ok in the long run that I am in for. I did not gain this weight in a day or two, so why should it come off in a day or two. I have changed my eating habits so far and am noticing I feel better and clothes fit better.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just wanna know why I can gain four pounds in twenty-four hours, but it always takes a flipping week to go the other way... *grumble*
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,179 Member
    Options
    I just wanna know why I can gain four pounds in twenty-four hours, but it always takes a flipping week to go the other way... *grumble*

Look on the bright side; you've seen it happen before, and you know it WILL come back off. If it's from water retention from eating a lot of salt, you can eat all that salt pretty quickly, and it takes a while to rebalance. Just keep doing what you know works, and you will see the bump up come back down and then keep going down.

I have actually had a decrease of over three or four pounds overnight as well as an increase of six pounds other times. It can bounce back down quickly sometimes, although it's usually not the same time that you just had a big bump. I bet you don't grumble when you get that pleasant surprise. They should balance out over time.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Bumping. So annoyed! Started more thorough working out on 1. August. Mild watereweight increase and for some reason it hit me three days ago. Like 1.5kg extra, and it's sticking. Bah, go away water, I don't want you!!!

Note: yeah, of course I know it will eventually ebb away. No problem here. Just slightly annoyed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    I always tell clients:

If you look like you want to look, wear the clothes you want to wear, and constantly get complimented, then does what the scale say really matter that much?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png