Hey!! How does everyone stay focused on their diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Vision Boards are good - get some images that create a really strong desire for you to stay on track and remind you of WHY you are doing what you're doing.
    Keep the board in a spot where you'll see it everyday.
    One of the images on mine (don't laugh) is a fit strong body in workout gear with my face pasted on top - the heading above reads Healthy STrong Lean THAT'S ME! I see it every day - it's surrounded by cut outs of fresh healthy food too - I find it very powerful to constantly be viewing this image.
    I know it'll be me very soon.

There are only two times in life - NOW and TOO LATE!

Reach for your dreams, believe you CAN - and go for it.
  • bbwbeauty
    Options
    Thank u so much loves!!!!! so much inspiration :)
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I set my weekly goals at weightchart.com where they have a goal graph as well as an actual graph that are interactive.. You can make notes each day to go back and see where your head was at that is very helpful.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I stay focused because I have lost 10 lbs. and want to lose the next 10 and not these over again.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    For me, this web site is what keeps me focused. By having to track everything I eat, I am constantly conscious of what I am eating. So if by "focus" you mean "awareness", this web site will do it.

If by "focus" you mean "willpower", well that is another thing altogether. For me, hunger is the biggest problem. If I get too hungry, I will binge. For me, the key to not getting hungry is to eat a diet low in carbohydrates. I believe carbs spike your blood sugar, and when it crashes you feel hungry again. By eating a diet low in carbs your blood sugar stays at a more uniform level and you avoid those crashes that make you so devastatingly hungry.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of these posts that it is a lifestyle change. My goal is to look better and feel better than I have ever been when I turn 40 in a little over a year. I want to be proud of my body, more so than ever before. I began my journey in January of this year. This gives me a total of almost two years to reach my goals. So, my advice is to take it one day at a time and set yourself small goals to achieve along the way to your ultimate goal. As you reach your small goals, reward yourself. An example of one of my most recent rewards was buying myself a heart rate monitor. But it doesn't have to be something like that, just whatever you might like.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS a few weeks in here...and saw results in my biceps in 10 days. Then I went down a pants size after 10 lbs or so.

RESULTS are what keep me motivated. If I saw biceps in 10 days, what would 60, 90 bring? I'm starting to see some good toning along with my weight losses because I'm doing a lot of strength this time. It has made all the difference for me.

I did Supreme 90 after 30DS and I'm almost done, with great results. Now I'm going to do another 90 day program (TurboFire or ChaLean Extreme). Breaking it up into these 3 month periods with new workouts, help too.
  • lawannaw
    Options
    I still eat all of the regular food I ate before. I don't consider my self on a diet I am just cutting back. I track all of my food, and when I feel like I want to eat somethign not so good for me I ask my self do I really want to have to track this and see the number of calories, fats and sugars? No, so I dont eat the not so good item I eat a piece of fruit. I always keep sugar free popsicles in my freezer. They are a quick snack that takes my mind off of the not so good snacks.

The new outfits I'm planning on getting when I reach my goal also help me keep focused too.
    Good luck, finding some way to stay focused