Sharing my success and journey!

Kiyomoo
Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
I've lost about 64 pounds so far - started losing weight at 322 pounds, currently weigh around 258. I still have a long way to go (about another 100 pounds or so?), but I already feel successful. Exercising, eating healthily, having my body feel good. I'm much happier day by day than I used to be.

I've decided to create a casual YouTube channel to talk about my experiences and hopefully inspire or motivate others who are struggling with things I've struggled with.

Exercise has probably been the biggest help in improving my day to day mood. It gives me a tangible goal to work toward and it makes me feel proud of myself! I know a lot of people who are trying to lose weight do it purely by focusing on food, but I highly recommend trying to exercise too if you're able. A little goes a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hT7UiowxCY&ab_channel=Bunato

Replies

• Kiyomoo
    Hey, HIGH FIVE!! Congratulations on your success thus far! Your post is excellent, and so are your profile pics. I love the dramatic and different looks you have portrayed, and the hats are super cute on you! (Fellow hat girl here) ;-) You could have just as easily put theatre major and it would have applied ;-) I will take a peek at your channel for the heck of it, thanks.

Yes, exercise is the bomb. It releases so many endorphins (the feel-good chemicals in our brain), and other chemicals as well. It is a proven natural antidepressant and mood elevator.

Have fun in your studies, and keep up the good work on your journey!

Wow, I really appreciate that! I didn't actually notice how different my style is from picture to picture. I do love hats and dyeing my hair!

I'll do my best! <3
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Hi!! Congratulations!! I’m 5’5” and 275 and struggling! Can we chat? What is working for you?
  • taradpalen
    taradpalen Posts: 5 Member
    Unbelievable - super job!! Similar journey I’m on starting at 317 currently at 281. You are motivating me to keep the faith. Thank you for sharing!!! You look great!
  • Kiyomoo
    edited January 2023
    CurvyEmmy wrote: »
    Hi!! Congratulations!! I’m 5’5” and 275 and struggling! Can we chat? What is working for you?

Yes, of course we can!
    I think the things that are helping me the most are when I:
    1. Don't eat anything after 5pm
    2. Don't drink any sort of carbonated beverages (even sparkling water - it increases your hunger hormone 8x as much as regular water does)
    3. Walk or hike at least two hours a week
    taradpalen wrote: »
    Unbelievable - super job!! Similar journey I’m on starting at 317 currently at 281. You are motivating me to keep the faith. Thank you for sharing!!! You look great!

I'm so happy to hear that! And thank you for the encouragement :)
    Watched your video, and the anxiety is what makes it believable. You don't have to be perfect, or not nervous. The fact that you actually posted it at all is what shows your grit. You have done what thousands or millions of other people would not dare to do because they couldn't look xyz, or weren't xyz size.

Your post made my eyes tear up a little bit. Thank you very much for the kind words!
  • melc2910
    melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
    Amazing work!! How long did it take you to notice a difference?
  • Kiyomoo
    edited January 2023
    melc2910 wrote: »
    Amazing work!! How long did it take you to notice a difference?

There are two answers here.
    For my first round of weight loss back in 2018, the most notable differences happened after losing 30 pounds (about 3 months).

For my second round of weight loss in 2022...I had already been far more active in my day-to-day for the past year because of going to a new college and moving out of my mom's place. So I didn't really notice much of a difference.

But then on January 3rd, 2023, I went on a solo vacation to do some hiking. I ended up hiking a lot and continued hiking even more after the vacation was over. I ended up hiking like 17.5 miles in 1 week. That made me notice a HUGE change - after only one week, I became much faster at walking, was able to increase my distance/stamina considerably. The change was pretty dramatic and shocking, and I realized that for me personally, it's good for me to really push myself.

As for the change in my confidence levels - the weight loss and exercise didn't contribute directly, that was more from therapy and introspection. Though I can tell you, feeling proud of myself for hiking so much also made me feel proud of myself in general.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Congratulations! Exercise is a big part of what helped me lose the weight and even more important to keep it off (80+ lbs for close to 10 years). Exercise just makes me feel better and stronger and I just want to eat healthier food. It all goes together. You can do this! You are doing this!
  • That's inspiring
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    Wow! That is super inspiring! I'm 5'8 220 and am restarting (again). I welcome any tips or motivation. We got this guys!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!