Not losing weight doctor lowered calories and done tests

Options
equidivine
equidivine Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2023 in Motivation and Support
Hi guys

So I been battling with weight for years now. Had all tests done. Doctor told me to be on keto and lower my calories again.

It really doesn’t work my body can survive on nothing literally!

We have done all tests and doctor cannot find anything wrong with me

My weight is 12 stone I’m 5ft3 I just cannot shift it and been battling for years.

I feel better on keto as I also suffer auto immune skin writing meaning my skin comes up in itchy red marks.
We tested bloods for Cortisol for high stress, Iron reserves, Doplamine levels, Hashimotos disease, T3, T4, TSH for thyroid
Hi insulin level blood check. Nothing is flagging.
I’m more restless and cannot sleep when on keto. But also knackered but I also been diagnosed adhd so awaiting medication.

I average 600-1000 calories a day with under 15g of carbs by doctors orders and I’m putting on weight. This always happens. I go back to eating 1200 calories I will put on weight. I log everything so there is defo no hidden foods or sugar as I scan as I eat.

Not sure what else to ask doctor to check is boggling us both.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    There's nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.

If possible, contact a clinic that specializes in lifestyle and metabolism.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,810 Member
    Options
    You’ll need to re access your calorie counting and tracking. You’re waaayy underestimating your WEEKLY intake, probably taking in close to double what you think. This is not out of the ordinary so don’t feel like you’re alone with this.

It’s usually from just not including everything or cherry picking a low calorie day and figuring that’s you intake.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Can you share your Diary? Are you eating whole foods vs processed foods? Home made vs restaurant food? Weighing every single thing you eat? Where are you getting calorie counts from? Are you exercising? How long have you been eating at this current deficit?
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    sbelletti wrote: »
    Can you share your Diary? Are you eating whole foods vs processed foods? Home made vs restaurant food? Weighing every single thing you eat? Where are you getting calorie counts from? Are you exercising? How long have you been eating at this current deficit?
    No loss, no deficit

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    One last, important, item for people who get on and off keto or low, or lower carb, because I know that people did not use to be aware of this back in the day.

When you go on and off keto you have an initial fast loss and initial fast regain of several lbs... this is associated with glycogen depletion and replenishment and does not represent a fat level change even though it is weigh that is reflected on the scale.

If you're making decisions based on weight changes that do not take this issue into account... take a deep breath and realize that water weight manipulation is not what you're after, nor is it something to fear, or celebrate

When engaged in keto the first few lbs are, essentially, a borrowed loss that will come back on the scale with your first loaf of bread and will go away with your next keto induction.

But it is not a real change of your fat reserve levels
  • equidivine
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary it really pisses me off that your all assuming I’m eating and not logging.

NO I AM LITERALLY EATING AND LOGGING STRAIT AWAY. I don’t eat when I do it’s plain chicken pork soya milk tea sugar free 7 up sugar free jelly and pork scratching which are packet form so I cannot over eat as your all suggesting.

Have any of you considered your comments are rude and judgemental? If not bullying for people who literally are truthful. Take a look at my diary!

This is why the doctor is unsure why I’m staying same weight.

I knew as soon as I posted you all make out I’m sneaky eating it’s what bullies do! Put people down.

This is not a community it’s a school playground

Check my diary
  • equidivine
    Options
    I PROMISE YOU I AM NOT EATING OVER

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM I AM EXACT ON WHAT I EAT HENCE IM HEAR ASKIN IF ANYONE HAS HAD SIMILAR ISSUES

I SURVIVE OFF FRESH AIR

YESTERDAY FOR EXAMPLE I HAD

tea soya milk with no sugar soya milk (before anyone asked well what sugar is in milk NONE)

Fridge raiders 46 cal

2 pork chops grilled
    Cauliflower & broccoli mash

Pot of sugar free 10 calories jelly

Sugar free sprite or 7 up

That is my typical day NO CHEATS

I also don’t know how to add my diary but total average calories has been

600 calories and
    6-8 gram carbs

sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    equidivine wrote: »
    Hi guys

So I been battling with weight for years now. Had all tests done. Doctor told me to be on keto and lower my calories again.

My weight is 12 stone I’m 5ft3 I just cannot shift it and been battling for years.

I feel better on keto as I also suffer auto immune skin writing meaning my skin comes up in itchy red marks.
    We tested bloods for Cortisol for high stress, Iron reserves, Doplamine levels, Hashimotos disease, T3, T4, TSH for thyroid
    I’m more restless and cannot sleep when on keto. But also knackered but I also been diagnosed adhd so awaiting medication.

I average 600-1000 calories a day with under 15g of carbs by doctors orders and I’m putting on weight. This always happens. I go back to eating 1200 calories I will put on weight. I log everything so there is defo no hidden foods or sugar as I scan as I eat.

You need to be honest with yourself and how much you are eating. It is biologically impossible for you to be eating 600-1000 calories and not lose weight. Even if you were in a coma. You're eating more than you think you are. You cannot break the laws of thermodynamics. Focus on your tracking. Every bite that goes in your mouth should be accounted for. I promise you're probably eating several hundred more calories than you think.
    Hi guys

You need to be honest with yourself and how much you are eating. It is biologically impossible for you to be eating 600-1000 calories and not lose weight. Even if you were in a coma. You're eating more than you think you are. You cannot break the laws of thermodynamics. Focus on your tracking. Every bite that goes in your mouth should be accounted for. I promise you're probably eating several hundred more calories than you think.

• equidivine
    Options
    I am accurate and weight everything I only eat what I make or what I can can and weigh

I don’t have sauces
    I measure every to precision
    You’ll need to re access your calorie counting and tracking. You’re waaayy underestimating your WEEKLY intake, probably taking in close to double what you think. This is not out of the ordinary so don’t feel like you’re alone with this.

It’s usually from just not including everything or cherry picking a low calorie day and figuring that’s you intake.

• equidivine
    edited January 2023
    Options
    MY DIARY IS SET TO OPEN SO ANYONE CAN VIEW JUST FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE

BEEN ON KETO FOR 5 weeks,

Lost 1 stone in first week

Before anyone mentions well it’s only 5 weeks. I was on keto for 1 year this time last year and same happened I would lose initial stone then unable to lose more so that’s why I gave up then piled back on.

Iv tried eating more but again my body will hold everything!

I have lost Nothing since and this is what I always struggle with my metabolism will survive on very little so how do I boost that?

This is what doctor cannot figure out
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any exercise.
    If you was recovering you food correctly and not adding cooked weight in stead of dry(which is a continuous mistake made by many) and doing any exercise outside of your normal daily routine such as taking walks of 2 miles or more when you have the time.
    Are you eating odd things and forgetting about them which leads to them not being logged.
    You have to weigh everything,bits of cheese, chocolate,fruit, vegetables,the sauces you use in or on food.
    You have to measure all oils,if using a spray oil,you have to count the number of sprays done to keep track of the calories in the oil.
    If you aren't doing these simple things then you can be adding an extra several hundred calories on a regular basis and not realise.
    It will destroy everything you've been doing.

• DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I PROMISE YOU I AM NOT EATING OVER

I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM I AM EXACT ON WHAT I EAT HENCE IM HEAR ASKIN IF ANYONE HAS HAD SIMILAR ISSUES

I SURVIVE OFF FRESH AIR

YESTERDAY FOR EXAMPLE I HAD

tea soya milk with no sugar soya milk (before anyone asked well what sugar is in milk NONE)

Fridge raiders 46 cal

2 pork chops grilled
    Cauliflower & broccoli mash

Pot of sugar free 10 calories jelly

Sugar free sprite or 7 up

That is my typical day NO CHEATS

I also don’t know how to add my diary but total average calories has been

600 calories and
    6-8 gram carbs

This can all be so darn frustrating .... the logging and measuring. Deciphering what is what in ingredients. Folks posting in response in this thread really are trying to help. They need to ask questions of you before they can. I have some questions myself (probably because I can't figure out how to access your food diary).

How much of each of the food items did you consume?
    You may be drinking soya milk with no sugar added, but each cup (243g) contains 10g of natural sugars. 13.5g of net carbohydrates and 131 calories according to the USDA.

8 oz of plain, grilled pork chop meat comes to 420 calories - more if the meat was marinated or dry rubbed with goodness before grilling. Depending on how the chops are seasoned, sauces and/or marinades can more than double the listed calories for plain grilled pork chops.

I don't know what things like a fridge raider, jelly pot, or cauliflower & broccoli mash are. Don't know the quantities, nor how they are prepared/seasoned. My grandkids will eat broccoli and cauliflower, but only if they are coated in ranch dressing. Melted cheese poured on them works for the kids too. I'm not accusing you of adding anything not on your list, but I don't know either and it all counts.

Personally, I don't use the food database in MyFitnessPal. It is full of inaccurate listings. I depend more on actual food label data and the USDA database for whole foods. MFP's data appears to work good enough for others though. I've been measuring, weighing and logging diligently for over a year now and there is still plenty of room for improvement when it comes to accuracy. It is a process - I'll keep plugging away at it, trying to get better. I hope you will too. Good luck!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I did go back in your food diary for over a week. There are days missing a lot of meals--only breakfast listed, or lunch for example. There are no oils, butters, or other sauces listed.

I guess I don't know what to say. You diary seems incomplete to me. I don't want to get you upset, but if you want to lose weight, you have to find your deficit. Good luck. Hoping your doctor can help you.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but as a previous poster said, you are most likely looking at your "good" days and ignoring your binge days. At the end of the day, I don't care nor have any investment in whether you lose weight. If you want to stay in denial, that's ok. But you asked for help, so we tried to give it.
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    Op, log everything, every day of the week for a month and you’ll find where you’re truly at, calorie wise.
  • equidivine
    Options
    I DO NOT BINGE
    I LOG WHAT I EAT I CAN GO A WHOLE DAY
    Eating once a day is no issue to me I weight everything and log everything as specified
    IM UP FARM ALL DAY WITH MY HORSES AND WALK AVERAGE 5k on school run

I grew up sprinting for wales and surviving on one meal a day and Always been around 9 stone.

I don’t drink alcohol or smoke

I don’t understand why no one is believing me

Also unsweetened soya milk is per 100 ml: 138 kJ / 33 kcal 0 carbs and 0 sugar just to cover that too. I fill up on tea during day to keep warm with horses
  • equidivine
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I suggest you stop calling me denial as your the exact type of bullying I was referring too.

I’m not denying nothing I’m literally telling everyone how I don’t eat that’s not denial that’s actually being honest. Is it an eating disorder probably but when I can’t shift the weight what am I supposed to do.

It’s possible for bodies to survive on bare minimum with certain genetics or health issues. Pcos. Hashimoto. Cortisol levels. Crones disease. Are all possible causes so telling someone they are lying is rather disgusting behaviour

I'm sorry, but as a previous poster said, you are most likely looking at your "good" days and ignoring your binge days. At the end of the day, I don't care nor have any investment in whether you lose weight. If you want to stay in denial, that's ok. But you asked for help, so we tried to give it.