I Can't Believe It Fit!

Options
So there's been a dress I've been eyeing at Target for the last couple of weeks. It's such a cute little dress, but I never thought it would fit me or look good on me for that matter (Target clothes run small so the clothes there rarely do fit right...even the XXL!). I decided, what the heck, I'm gonna try the dress on. I take the dress to the dressing room (size XL), get my number from the lady at the counter and as I'm choosing which room I want to experience this emotional circus in, I am filled with anxiety because I really like the dress, but I'm sure that the dress will not fit and, again, I will be leaving another dressing room depressed. I took the dress off the hanger and put it on. I could not believe it! Not only did the dress fit, but it was too big! No lie...I jumped up and down in the big dress inside the dressing room and covered my mouth so I wouldn't scare the bajeezies out of the lady in the room next to me. Needless to say, I threw my clothes back on, ran out and exclaimed to the lady at the counter, "I need a smaller size!" She giggled at me and said, "I like that attitude! Go girl!" I ran to the rack, got a "Large" (What, I don't wear Large!?!) I put the dress on. I-looked-guuuud!!! :) I bought the dress and plan on wearing it this weekend. I've been working so hard to lose the weight and I'm seeing the results. The pounds aren't disappearing as quickly as I'd like, but the inches definitely are and I'm loving this success!

Replies

• SuzyQ5102
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Congrats on such a success!!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!
  • lace0211
    lace0211 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling isn't it!?!? I'm so happy for you!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is so freaking awesome! I am seeing inches lost, but not pounds, so this is inspiring. Keep up the great work!
  • Mochapman
    Options
    YAY YAY YAY!!!! Good for you!!! :smile:
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yay! good job :) that happened to me and the jeans i am wearing now.....i had them to wear to a concert 3 months ago and didn't fit into them ...looked at them a month ago and said they probably still wont fit...to my surprise they did and they fit loose :) i was so happy!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    YAY!! I can't wait to get that kind of excitement! You go girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Seeing the size on clothing go down I think is the BEST feeling after working so hard to achieve it. GREAT WORK!!! So glad you get to show off in your new *smaller* dress!!
  • pharmagirl43
    Options
    LMBO! I almost choked while eating my apple because I was laughing so hard! Good for you.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Such a great feeling!! I want to see a picture of this dress!! Congrats!!
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    Aww, I LOVED this NSV story!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    That's great!! Keep up the good work :)
  • kdw_130
    kdw_130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congrats on your success so far, I'm sure you'll have many more to come!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congrats!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congrats!!
  • Autumn15
    Options
    That is Awesome...So happy for you!
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    yay!! we are the same weight & I've been avoiding buying new clothes.. you have inspired me to at least go try on something cute :)
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Those surprise NSVs are the best! Congrats! Enjoy the dress!
  • Carrie_D
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Congrats!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I love stories like this! I hope you are rockin' your dress with confidence this weekend!! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!