Something I thought I'd share...

Options
I have not been eating that good these last few days and usually when I do that, I feel real sluggish. People look at me and say im skinny and there's nothing I need to lose but I noticed the difference in my body more now than before. Especially around the mid section. Although I will wear a bikini, my body is not bikini ready. 14lbs is my goal. So Monday I started on drinking warm or cold water with lemon juice or fresh lemon wedges. Guys, I have only been doing this 4 days and I feel a difference already. See I carry my weight up top which I think comes from not having bowel movements like I should. I'd have them once a day or once every two days. One of the benefits from drinking water with lemon is improving your digestive system. In these last four days, I have went 2-3 times per day which I never do. I don't feel full and heavy like I did before. This is awesome to me and something I am definitely going to stick with. Remember, having bowel movements regularly is a plus and a great start to boosting your weight loss. Its an acquired taste but something you can get used to...

Feel free to do a little research on the benefits of lemons or lemon water...
Hope this helps
Porcha:happy:

Replies

• marcibar
    Options
    That is really interesting! I think I may try getting some lemons!
  • Porcha1985
    Options
    Yes! You should!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wow! I had no idea!

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/benefits-of-drinking-lemon-water.html

I drink water constantly throughout the day. I think I'll try buying a lemon & cutting it into quarters & sticking some in my bottle each time I refill it. Let's see what happens, haha.
  • Millie77
    Options
    Oops, didn't see your link. Sorry bout that.
  • Porcha1985
    Options
    You have the right idea. That'ts exactly what I did. Just bought a lemon and stuck it into my bottled water...
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Trying...
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to give this a try! Thanks for the advice :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Remember, having bowel movements regularly is a plus and a great start to boosting your weight loss. Its an acquired taste but something you can get used to...

:smile:
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    If you don't have access to fresh lemons/limes there is a product called Trulemon/Trulime that has no additives!
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I think we get so caught up with just chatting on the threads that we forget why we're here. This is good advice.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    except I cant drink lemon water it is gross to me. And Im not about suffering to feel better...because I will eventually let myself down. I havent read the article but can you do it another way?
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    :noway: How do you get used to this "acquired taste"?
  • Porcha1985
    Options
    I don't know of any other way to do this. Another thing my mom does is take a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey everyday which also has great benefits. I want to start trying that too. How I got used to the taste was two ways, one is thinking about the benefits of doing it and two being thinking about it like it's lemonade with no sugar.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Remember, having bowel movements regularly is a plus and a great start to boosting your weight loss. Its an acquired taste but something you can get used to...
    Sentence proximity can have unintended consequences when you use pronouns.
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues as you and I went out at lunch and bought a bunch of lemons. Started today and plan on doing it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE water with Lemon (it's all I drink when we go to restaurants) and also love the hot water with Lemon! :) I hope it helps with my digestion as well.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Sentence proximity can have unintended consequences when you use pronouns.

This is a good suggestion.
  • PDXkacie
    PDXkacie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I love hot water with lemon in the morning, just never thought of it as helping with weight loss. I think I better go buy a bag of lemons :)!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Cool, thank you for sharing.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    oops double post