18 lbs lost so far and there is no stopping me now!

Options
I posted a longer version of this story in motivation part of this forum. My name is Jean. I am 33 years old and I am type two diabetic. My current weight is 192 lbs as of my last weigh-in yesterday. I was at 210 lbs which is the heaviest I have ever been. The goal weight is 140 lbs so I have about 52 lbs to go.

I hated working out. All I wanted was to eat. The doctor warned me diabetes runs in my family. Who is going to listen when I could be out stuffing my face with cheesy, delicious unhealthy pizza, fried chicken, or even a greasy burger with fries?? Eventually, the doctor called to tell me I have type two diabetes. For years I suffered depression. It got the worst of me. I lost 30 lbs from not eating and gained it all back and then some. I ate just to comfort my depression. I have no idea what came over me. It's like I was hit in the head with some sort of blunt object and it woke some sense into me!! Now I feel great, empowered, and like I can make it to the finish line! I am down 18 lbs since December and I feel great! There is no stopping now.

Replies

• Danisha43
    Danisha43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I need to lose about 50lbs. My DR put me on blood pressure Medicine . I,ve lost 6lbs so far. Good luck to you and your weight loss Journey.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    johnnyr860 wrote: »
    Now I feel great, empowered, and like I can make it to the finish line! I am down 18 lbs since December and I feel great! There is no stopping now.
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work. You *can* do it.

• BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Danisha43 wrote: »
    Awesome job! I need to lose about 50lbs. My DR put me on blood pressure Medicine . I,ve lost 6lbs so far. Good luck to you and your weight loss Journey.
    Great. Keep doing it. Losing weight can be –and is– hard at times, but this isn't rocket science. Keep up the good work.
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job!! It is hard work but you know you can do it... even if you trip just get right back on again and you will do great!!
    Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!