Girls that are 5'7" or 5'8", what are your goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 & my goal is a fit 140 & a size 8! I don't think I can maintain anything much lower...we will see when I get there!
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 135-140 lbs. That's when I look my best.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I know I dont belong in this post, since I have hit the goal... But I am 5´7´´ and now I am at 123.5lbs, and very happy. There are some photos in my profile... at about 127lbs I think. I am running and going to the gym, and carefully eating (healthy and often, small portions, you know the drill). I am 24, so you have to take that in consideration... no kids etc. yet. I think at one point it does not matter if you are 125 or 135 - what matters is how you continue to live your life once you are "off the diet" and you hit the goal and feel happy. Its so important not to slip... that is why I am still here, counting calories (happily) and not giving up. The MFP has helped me reach goals I never thought I would - and most of them are actually fitness goals. Everyone here is so inspiring. I wish luck to all of you! I must say MFP is simply part of my lifestyle now, and I am proud of it!
    If anyone wishes to be my friend here or has some questions, write me/befriend me with a note, I will be happy to reply... I dont think I am doing anything special, or different, its just normal common sense really... But I love the support here!
  • callmecorinne
    Options
    thanks for the responses! I realize my goal is a bit low but i like to add in the fact i have zero boobs and zero butt and small hips as it is. haha. I always figure women who were lucky enough to have those assets that i don't. should weigh more (and look amazing while doing so!) I guess after seeing all this i'm going to change my goals to going mostly by measurements and what i see in the mirror. I'm at 140 at the moment but still have a layer of fat over my awesome ab muscles. And i worked hard for those! So i want to get down to a weight that i can appreciate them! Hahaha. Good luck with your weightlosses and i think i'll be adding you guys! :)
  • throwingpaint
    throwingpaint Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Aim for whatever makes you happy :D.
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6" 1/2 My goal based is on weight and measurements. Weight range 125-135lbs and Measurements 36-26-40
    I carry most of my weight on the bottom Butt & thighs after 3 babies it started to spill over into my tummy and arms but it always leaves there 1st. Current weight and measurements are 167lbs & 36-32-44
  • MzKym30
    MzKym30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7" too & my goal weight is 145...I'm not sure about my measurements yet...
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I felt and looked my best when I was around 160-170. lbs and was wearing a size 10 so that is my goal....I'm 5'8.

It's been a long time since I was that weight so perhaps once I get there, my goal may change but I can't really determine the measurements I'd like to be....I just want to be able to walk into any store and buy clothes when I need and want them, again.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and my first goal is to get to 100kgs (220.5lbs).......Once I get there I will just take it 5kgs at a time.......

To get to a healthy BMI, I should be around 72kgs (160lbs)..........But I don't think I could get there......
  • vettermr
    Options
    You really have to do what makes you feel good. I'm aiming for 155.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the fatopotomus of the 5'8" ladies. My goal is a strong 175 ;)
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Nah. You will end up where you are comfortable, even if that's 175 :)

I'm afraid I've been overweight far to long to get too low. My goal is 150. At 5'8" that will put me into a healthy BMI score.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Nah. You will end up where you are comfortable, even if that's 175 :)

I'm afraid I've been overweight far to long to get too low. My goal is 150. At 5'8" that will put me into a healthy BMI score.

I was only kidding with the 'fatopotomus' comment. I look baaaangin' at 175. ;D
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im 5"8 and aim to get to 124 like I was 7 months ago. My profile explains all my reasons for gaining etc...

Good luck everyone!
  • Dreamin_Skinny
    Options
    i want to reach 150, my healthy weight and pre baby weight. my ugw is 130. i would love to see myself that small and toned. i think it'd be awesome.