mfp isnt the same as it used to be

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Amen~!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Agreed :)

I agree as well.. I was reported 2 times today for pics of my booty and was asked to remove them.. Wth!!
    Wonder how long till I will be told to delete my new one.. Absolutely ridiculous... I am damn proud of what I have accomplished and after losing 148lbs I should be able to show off my rewards.. Not Like I am Naked in the pics..

I agree!!!!!! You have done amazing things....if you want to show your *kitten* you should!!!! You have been such an inspiration....I am glad I made your friends list.....love you...GO *kitten*...
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    i know they are making groups for this exact reason...so like-minded people can talk together

Even though I'm very opinionated.. I really kinda like hear people's opinions different from my own.
    I've learned a lot here from folks who I disagreed with ... doesn't happen immediately or over night... I may retort sharply maintain my views... but sometimes days or weeks or months later I connect the dots in a different way.

AND LEARN SOMETHING NEW!

How else do we grow?
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    I wonder how long before this thread is deleted for freedom of speech and venting???
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    *patiently waiting for groups*
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    "MFP isn't the same as it used to be."

Yeah, it used to be a place where people could come and get support for fitness and health. Now it's all full of people starting hundreds of threads complaining about the rules and generally acting like children.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I don't necessarily want to see someone's booty (or boobs or bikini, etc.) but heck fire, I'm not going to REPORT anyone for that! How silly! :huh:
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    you smell that??? yea.. snitch!!!! oh yea...
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member

Yeah, it used to be a place where people could come and get support for fitness and health. Now it's all full of people starting hundreds of threads complaining about the rules and generally acting like children.

Keep in mind there's different sections of the forum, right?

So if you want fitness, nutrition and health, workout advice, feel free to direct yourself towards those.

There's also a motivation and support section like you mentioned, and this isn't it.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    nice post Lew :)
  • I am new to responding here, but have used MFP for a while. This is by far the best statement I have seen! I want to lose weight, as does everyone who is here, but I also want a voice. I love what I have learned from reading people's posts, many of whom have changed their minds with more information...
  • Maybe mfp should be split into two sections.....the conservative ppl and the fun ppl. This way everyone can flock with there kind :-)

Make it three, the other one is.....in the middle. :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Just please please include me in the fun group lol
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    It used to be fun...I have friends on here I would truly miss without MGP. Now you have to be an uptight prude with a stick up your *kitten* to get along. F that...love me or leave me *****es :devil:
  • "MFP isn't the same as it used to be."

AGREE!!!
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Seems to me it's mostly become people complaining about what it's become.

You want more fun and games then post more. Otherwise, nothing will change.

It's a constant influx of new people. Make it what you want it to be.
    If it was up to me it would b uncensored....but tasteful. Everyone on here is grown, and know how to interact with each other. If it gets to x rated then those ppl would b addressed. On other sites bodybuilding.com to name one, things like this isn't even mentioned.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Maybe mfp should be split into two sections.....the conservative ppl and the fun ppl. This way everyone can flock with there kind :-)

Eden & Eden East like in the movie Couples Retreat.. Haha
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    You hit the nail on the head with this one Lew, ppl really need to loosen up and if you dont like the comments or convo just hit that lil X button in the corner of your screen, much less effort that typing a 2 page complaint...Now run tell that...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

Eh...Hello????

Chit-chat, fun, and games?

This section of the forums is clearly not the "health and fitness" section.

fun   [fuhn]
    noun
    1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
    2. enjoyment or playfulness:
    3. Informal . joke; kid.

smiley-confused002.gif
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    I think the groups are just going to create different problems, MFP will become even more like high school, there will be cliquesunless there can be an infinite number of people in a group, which I doubt will happen.

I think there are easier solutions to what the mods deem a problem. Make a rated R section, or a section on sex, foul language, politics, religion, whatever. Any thread they don't feel is appropriate for the main forum can be moved into one of these sections, that way if someone who is offended by cussing or topics on sex clicks on one of those sections and complains, too bad! If you don't like the subject matter, don't enter! I also think the mods should take a more laid back approach to issues. Have a little faith that we are adults and can work though problems ourselves. I started a thread someone didn't agree with and it could have gotten ugly. The mods could have jumped on it and deleted it, but they didn't, and we ended up discussing it like the adults we are supposed to be.

This would free up the mods to deal with real issues like fake accounts, harassment, etc.
This discussion has been closed.