OMG!!! YUM YUM YUM

Options
so my all time favorite dessert used to be cherry pie from perkins warmed up with vanilla ice cream, but i stopped eating it because it can not be healthy right? well tonight i made cherry cobbler

( one bag pitted tart cherries, one cup old fashioned oats, and one individual container of applesauce. place the cherries in a baking dish. mix oats with applesauce and top the cherries evenly. bake at 450 degrees for about 45min or until oats become browned on the sides)

i topped with light ice cream and fat free cool whip and it tasted EXACLTY the same!!!!! it was 323 calories for the amount i ate when if i would have eaten the same amount from perkins it would have been 830 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    MMM THAT SOUNDS GOOD - don't like cherries too much but I'd like to try that with some apples mmm!!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    brilliant! thanks
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Sounds great ~ I can't wait to try it!! I :heart: cherry pie!!!!!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • lalaiman
    lalaiman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    smh
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    so my all time favorite dessert used to be cherry pie from perkins warmed up with vanilla ice cream, but i stopped eating it because it can not be healthy right? well tonight i made cherry cobbler

( one bag pitted tart cherries, one cup old fashioned oats, and one individual container of applesauce. place the cherries in a baking dish. mix oats with applesauce and top the cherries evenly. bake at 450 degrees for about 45min or until oats become browned on the sides)

i topped with light ice cream and fat free cool whip and it tasted EXACLTY the same!!!!! it was 323 calories for the amount i ate when if i would have eaten the same amount from perkins it would have been 830 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    yum! :D
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Totally bump!!
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
  • clairibou1
    Options
    BUMMPPPPP!!!!!!!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    sounds great!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome !!!!!!
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    :tongue: sounds good
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That's the bets way to do things. I have a book put out by Mens Health (cook this, not that), thats restaurant dishes, and healthier versions of them, desserts included.

Most times you can make a more nutritious version for half the calories for virtually anything.

Even if you suck in the kitchen.

And send me any leftover pie if you have any...
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Nomnomnom... love cherry pie