mfp isnt the same as it used to be

Options

Replies

• 1petewest
    Options
    i totally agree. i feel the addiction isn't as strong now. why is that everytime you have something good, people have to mess it up?! i think it's easier to just stay in my own little corner these days...

woe is me. :tongue:
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "MFP isn't the same as it used to be."

Yeah, it used to be a place where people could come and get support for fitness and health. Now it's all full of people starting hundreds of threads complaining about the rules and generally acting like children.
    Eh...Hello????

Chit-chat, fun, and games?

This section of the forums is clearly not the "health and fitness" section.

fun   [fuhn]
    noun
    1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
    2. enjoyment or playfulness:
    3. Informal . joke; kid.

smiley-confused002.gif

Well said...
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    you smell that??? yea.. snitch!!!! oh yea...
    Yup I smell it.....smh lmao
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What are people "telling on" other people?

That is absolutely ridiculous. And as Mr Sexy Muscles said, we are all adults on here. If you don't like what someone is posting or their pics than that is what the DELETE button is for!

Rach your pics are pure motivation for myself and others. Keep it going girl! I love Booty Thursday :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I think the groups are just going to create different problems, MFP will become even more like high school, there will be cliquesunless there can be an infinite number of people in a group, which I doubt will happen.

I think there are easier solutions to what the mods deem a problem. Make a rated R section, or a section on sex, foul language, politics, religion, whatever. Any thread they don't feel is appropriate for the main forum can be moved into one of these sections, that way if someone who is offended by cussing or topics on sex clicks on one of those sections and complains, too bad! If you don't like the subject matter, don't enter! I also think the mods should take a more laid back approach to issues. Have a little faith that we are adults and can work though problems ourselves. I started a thread someone didn't agree with and it could have gotten ugly. The mods could have jumped on it and deleted it, but they didn't, and we ended up discussing it like the adults we are supposed to be.

This would free up the mods to deal with real issues like fake accounts, harassment, etc.

^^^^THIS!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    What are people "telling on" other people?

That is absolutely ridiculous. And as Mr Sexy Muscles said, we are all adults on here. If you don't like what someone is posting or their pics than that is what the DELETE button is for!

Rach your pics are pure motivation for myself and others. Keep it going girl! I love Booty Thursday :)

Aww.. Thanks Beautiful.. And I also Agree with you that's what the DELETE button is for..
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I guess I will not live long enough to grasp why people that want to have some fun rarely seem to have a problem with things or threads posted in the strictly fitness forums here but for some reason that is not the same in return.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Carolina, Boy, I am so impressed with you! Your weight loss is truely amazing!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wht happened to all the fun and laughter. It seems as if its a lot of telling on each other. Last I checked everyone on here was over the age of 18. Tht being said, adults should act as such. If u have a problem with Wht someone says, inbox them and or delete them. By no means should u run and tell. This is a place for venting, relaxing, laughing, friendships and weight loss. I name weight last because u need to have fun while losing weight. Come on ppl stop the madness.

I am RoJ and I support this message
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Carolina, Boy, I am so impressed with you! Your weight loss is truely amazing!

Thanks Sweetie *muah*
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Agreed :)

I agree as well.. I was reported 2 times today for pics of my booty and was asked to remove them.. Wth!!
    Wonder how long till I will be told to delete my new one.. Absolutely ridiculous... I am damn proud of what I have accomplished and after losing 148lbs I should be able to show off my rewards.. Not Like I am Naked in the pics..

Personally I find your booty inspiring! :flowerforyou: and congrats on your weight loss!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    MFP chit-chat section reminds me of = Goldshire on Moon Guard server.

worldofwarcraft.jpg
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Just wait until I get home~~ Im telling MOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    does anyone remember laughter?
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Agreed :)

I agree as well.. I was reported 2 times today for pics of my booty and was asked to remove them.. Wth!!
    Wonder how long till I will be told to delete my new one.. Absolutely ridiculous... I am damn proud of what I have accomplished and after losing 148lbs I should be able to show off my rewards.. Not Like I am Naked in the pics..

Holy crap!!!! You lost that much??!! Show of that booty i aint complaining it looks great!!!!!!
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options

This is why I love you.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Everyone also needs to understand that this site is also a business,no complaints about that from me and thankful it is free to use.:drinker:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105957
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It astounds me that people are actually reporting butt pictures.

C'mon we all have one.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

This is why I love you.

:blushing: :heart:

Of course you got that reference!
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so sensitive I mean get over yourself and realize that everybody in the world is not like you nor want to be like you.....
This discussion has been closed.