About time I introduced myself

Options
Tracyleneva
Tracyleneva Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all 👋

Even though I’ve been a member for 4 years, I’ve never joined this community chat.

I’m 62, for the last three years I’ve been dealing with hip replacement issues, now after my fifth hip replacement operation I’m feeling a bit positive that I’m as good as I’ll ever be, I do still think I was better before these operations, but I can’t go backwards in time.

I’m now in a position where I cannot walk either properly or without pain due to my knees, they both need replacing now. I’ve been a lean and fit person my entire life until all these physical issues and I’m now unfit and overweight.

My mission is to lose 15kg before making any decisions about my knees because I know losing weight improves all joints, not just knees. My spin bike is my best friend, I plan on 6 sessions a week followed by some mat work.

Wish me luck 🍀

Tracy, Australia

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community.

I wish you all the best with your knees.
  • IslaChicaRuns
    IslaChicaRuns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I understand where you are in your weight loss journey. I have 25 pds to lose at 61 years young. It’s especially been a struggle over the past year, when I’ve gained 20 of those pounds while dealing with the death of a sibling, a back injury, and chicken pox(!!!).