Fizz Stick Replacement

Options
fstrickl
fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
Hi all, this is NOT an MLM add before anyone gets excited!

I’m sure many of you know about Arbonne’s Fizz Sticks, they’re like a water supplement/enhancer with citric acid (the fizz), flavourings, and some caffeine. Back when I was weak-spined and didn’t say no to my poor brainwashed MLM selling friend, I used to enjoy fizz sticks. But I try not to support MLMS now and am looking for an alternative. Does anyone know if any good replacements for fizz sticks? Or should I just stop being lazy and infuse water with fruit?

I liked the mild energy boost mid afternoon for when I was at work, and it did make drink more water.

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You could try liquid IV I don’t know if they are fizzy but they do have a little pick me up to them
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don’t really know what fizz sticks are, but my husband uses a powder to enhance the electrolytes of his water that also makes it taste better but adds no calories or sugar. It is available in drug stores and groceries in 4 pouch packages. On the other end of the spectrum, I know there are a variety of machines to let you make fizzy flavored or unflavored waters at home. I assume the point is to save money and packaging over buying flavored water/seltzer water and recycling the container, though I ultimately don’t know how the math adds up if there is packaging associated with the flavors/carbonation capsules etc one uses to do so.

On a related note you mention infusing water with fruit which I have always thought of as healthy until this week when I have seen multiple articles warning against a TikTok “hack” to keep cut avocados from turning brown which involves storing them in water. Apparently this spreads various food borne illnesses like listeria and salmonella. It made me look up whether fruit infused water is similarly worrisome. Here is how you are supposed to do it/how long it is safe to keep it … https://foodsafety.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Infused-water-flyer_5142020.pdf?fwd=no
  • fstrickl
    Options
    On a related note you mention infusing water with fruit which I have always thought of as healthy until this week when I have seen multiple articles warning against a TikTok “hack” to keep cut avocados from turning brown which involves storing them in water. Apparently this spreads various food borne illnesses like listeria and salmonella. It made me look up whether fruit infused water is similarly worrisome. Here is how you are supposed to do it/how long it is safe to keep it … https://foodsafety.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Infused-water-flyer_5142020.pdf?fwd=no

Oh my goodness, I hadn't thought of how there could be an increase chance of food bourne illness because of fruit in water. Eww...

Yes, part of not wanting to buy fizz sticks in the waste and cost (it's $65 for a pack of 30, over $2 for one! stick). I have a Sodastream which makes water fizzy. . . wow, why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the inspiration to look at the tools I already have!
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Did you ever find one you liked?
  • fstrickl
    Options
    heart3313 wrote: »
    Did you ever find one you liked?

Unfortunately, not really. Crystal Lite has water enhancers but I don't think they have caffeine in them, and they are a little sweet, I usually use one stick for double the amount of water (to be fair, I did that with fizz sticks too). But I do have a water carbonator so sometimes I put a Crystal Lite in fizzy water and it's just as good.