NEEDED: 19 ladies, age 25-35 and 40-65 lbs to lose!

Options
Hi!!!
I'd like to create a group of 4 teams of 5 ladies. Please be 40-65 pounds overweight, and age
25-35 to participate in this group as well. We need fairness so challenges fit for all.
Because the teams must be even and fair, please only contact me to join if you are ready for a several-month commitment to working out 3-5 times a week and using your fitnesspal website consistently. If this is not a fit for you, check out other groups for something a bit lighter! I want to be connected with dead-serious ladies. I need you to be where I am: READY TO GET FIT. !!!!! NOW!

Ive read it all, written it all, and done it all--- just not consistently. I've motivated others in my life to eat better, join the gym--- and lose upwards of 80 pounds. Now its time to turn my energy for others, into energy that comes back to motivate me as well! I need YOUR efforts to drive ME too, and thus, I need serious players to get fit with!

More: By having only 5 ladies per group, the accountability will really be there. I need this for myself, and am looking for others who need the same.
GOALS: SKINNY BY SUMMER or SOONER! (Based on 8 pounds lost per month (2 per wk) between now and May or June 1st 2012.
Health using: food, fitness, and challenges each week.
Updates for group: Motivational posts, and my commitment to track your progress with required weekly updates!

Sound like a good fit for you? Msg ME ASAP and I'll accept 19 ladies (Im #20!) for teams. Lets get set for September success and beyond-- we can kick the holidays in the BUTT before they even get here!
Skinny by summer or SOONER is our closed-group name, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Love this idea...but I may be too big for the specifications.

I'm 5'2 and 219
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join.

I'm 29 years old and 5'4 Current weight of 204lbs ( highest and as low as 20lbs) Fluxes through out the day everyday!

first goal weight is 180
    second goal weight of 165 ( might re-eval weight based on inches lost" ) I'm fine with curves and don't want to be too skinny!
    final goal weight of 150 ( doesn't get me in the healthy BMI range but I'm not sure I'd want to be "that small" I'm extremely healthy otherwise. No health issues only allergies! THOSE DARN PESKY THINGS!

I'm an open and honest book! and I'm here to drop this weight! I have an upcoming wedding in November so I can't DROP weight like crazy or my seamstress will get really pissed ( just want like another 10 lbs before the wedding ) But after the wedding its on. I'd like to lose the weight for a number of reasons. I want to gain back some of my self-confidence I had back when I was a little lighter and felt better about myself and we'd like children in the future and I'd like to have a lower weight and higher fitness level before going into baby land!

Anything I can do to help. I'm in it to win it! I work 3rd shift ( 11pm-7am) so I may track a bit differently but I always track. and I'm usually on MFP all night at work wandering around the forum and stuff!

i'm stoked to get this thing going! Just started checking out 30 day shred yesterday. Did like a little preview of it watched it through to get familiar with it a bit and didn't die doing it so we'll see!

THANSK SO MUCH!
  • emilycandoit
    Options
    So far we have 5 or 6 new ladies added. Even at this hour! Cool!

Contact me directly PLEASE for fastest add to the group; Im new to the site
    and learning how to navigate.

THANKS LADIES!
    Emily
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Bump! We need some more ladies! :0)
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    How's our roster growing Emily? I'm hoping we have enough ladies soon!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    How's our roster growing Emily? I'm hoping we have enough ladies soon!

Oh yay Tausha, you're doing this challenge too! :drinker:
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Im 28 years old, I weigh 216 and my goal is 150 or below. Im very serious about losing weight and committed on checking in.
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? I am 25 and weigh 193 - looking to lose about 50 pounds. I am new to MFP, but not to tracking my food. What I need it accountability and encouragement - and I am hoping that this group can give me exactly that!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join too :)
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join !!

I'm 25, 5'8 and my current weight is ~220lbs.
  • kathys1984
    Options
    Hi Guys! I so excited to start my weight lost. About 16 months ago I gave a birth to my son. I have to admit that being a mom and full time working women is not easy task. Among all the daily routines that I need to get done I forget about myself . I really don't like the way I look and I am ready to change. :)
  • kathys1984
    Options
    Hi Emily! I would like to join ... It's sounds like a great idea.