• tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Be the change you wish to see on MFP.
    ^^^ The Mahatma
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Seems to me it's mostly become people complaining about what it's become.

You want more fun and games then post more. Otherwise, nothing will change.

It's a constant influx of new people. Make it what you want it to be.

Yup... I think this is the best idea. Stop complaining about it and have fun - just leave the more risque topics out for now.
    Doesn't seem so hard to me.
    Everyone's fun isn't the same. Just like everyone doesn't lose weight the same. Sum ppl want to play strictly by there rules. Others want and need a lil fun and laughter to get them through. If I compliment u on Ur *kitten* and u don't like it, tell me so and i won't. But if u like it then tht maybe Wht u think about to run tht extra mile. All the upright ppl should flock together and talk about stocks, bonds legal work and weight loss or the lack there of and leave all the fun ppl alone!!!!!

I know everyone's fun isn't the same, and that's really at the core of the issues on the forum right now.
    But, the creators of the site have committed to making groups so that you can seek out a group that likes the same kind of fun as you. Why not just be a little patient, accept that your kind of fun isn't fitting in here right now, and wait for the groups to start?
    Posting repeated topics that challenge the mods, push the boundaries of the current rules and complain about this (free!) site just bring down the mood of the forums and take away the energy of the site creators from doing the things we want done (like making goups!!
    Patience, patience!!!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Big lew i'm reporting you ! the shorts in your picture are way to big
    I wanna see tighty whities !!! Yahhhh :devil:
    Lmao.....ok ok I'm pulln my pants up
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Agreed :)

I agree as well.. I was reported 2 times today for pics of my booty and was asked to remove them.. Wth!!
    Wonder how long till I will be told to delete my new one.. Absolutely ridiculous... I am damn proud of what I have accomplished and after losing 148lbs I should be able to show off my rewards.. Not Like I am Naked in the pics..

I agree totally, people need to just chill!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Wht happened to all the fun and laughter. It seems as if its a lot of telling on each other. Last I checked everyone on here was over the age of 18. Tht being said, adults should act as such.

I see both "sides" of this debate stating that we're all adults, and those on the "other side" should act like it. If we're all adults, shouldn't we follow the rules of the site? I'm talking about quoting the bible and referring to God, as well as posting overly vulgar comments and pics. Both will offend someone, which is exactly why the rules are in place. If everyone would respect the rules, the mods wouldn't have to censor anything. Both sides are reporting each other and both sides are complaining. It is not just in the chit-chat section either. I think it's best for everyone to respect the rules, quit trying to see how far we can push a topic, stop reporting/complaining, and let the mods work on some groups. Once groups are established, we can go to the specific areas of our interest and stay out of the ones that will likely offend us. Everyone needs support here, and we all get it in different ways. We need to respect that, too.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Too much? Lol

Creating a true off topic section would alleviate the problem. Moving a topic to a sex section or political section would be more of a matter of housekeeping. Deletion of certain comments would become unnecessary.

One section to encompass all off topics becomes unwieldy.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wht happened to all the fun and laughter. It seems as if its a lot of telling on each other. Last I checked everyone on here was over the age of 18. Tht being said, adults should act as such.

I see both "sides" of this debate stating that we're all adults, and those on the "other side" should act like it. If we're all adults, shouldn't we follow the rules of the site? I'm talking about quoting the bible and referring to God, as well as posting overly vulgar comments and pics. Both will offend someone, which is exactly why the rules are in place. If everyone would respect the rules, the mods wouldn't have to censor anything. Both sides are reporting each other and both sides are complaining. It is not just in the chit-chat section either. I think it's best for everyone to respect the rules, quit trying to see how far we can push a topic, stop reporting/complaining, and let the mods work on some groups. Once groups are established, we can go to the specific areas of our interest and stay out of the ones that will likely offend us. Everyone needs support here, and we all get it in different ways. We need to respect that, too.
    This ^^^

I'm just so sick of all the drama! Both sides are being ridiculous! It SO feels like Junior High right now :grumble:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Telling on each other? Is this high school? I have no clue what you're talking about...
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe mfp should be split into two sections.....the conservative ppl and the fun ppl. This way everyone can flock with there kind :-)

Man I could have said it better myself! I love it!!!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I agree. If you don't like someone's profile pic just don't pay attention to it.

That's why u r still my Friend Gorgeous!
  • binary_jester
    Options

This ^^^

I'm just so sick of all the drama! Both sides are being ridiculous! It SO feels like Junior High right now :grumble:
    People feel strongly and trying to shape something that is important to you is commendable. Calling people childish does nothing to alleviate nor constructively add to the conversation.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

This ^^^

People feel strongly and trying to shape something that is important to you is commendable. Calling people childish does nothing to alleviate nor constructively add to the conversation.

However, when it seems like you're in the middle of a "shut up! - no you shut up!" kind of fight, junior high does seem an appropriate comparison. Can't we just all wait for groups? I know I'll be glad to be able to talk about certain topics that I currently refrain from discussing. However, since my primary goal for being here is weight loss, I don't feel like not being able to express certain things is all that much of a hindrance when I found such a great site, that's free.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It used to be fun...I have friends on here I would truly miss without MGP. Now you have to be an uptight prude with a stick up your *kitten* to get along. F that...love me or leave me *****es :devil:

Ahhh, I have no idea who you are but, I love you!! This is my theory exactly...you know how the old saying goes "opinins are like *kitten*, everyone has one". Man I get messages quite often telling me to watch myself...I'm sorry the last I checked this is a community post meaning anyone can post, but no one is forcing you to read!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Groups worry me in that it my completely splinter MFP. I looked at Reddit and the million and one subreddits. That is a possibility.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Yuppp totally with you there... It's become kinda boring !! :(
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wht happened to all the fun and laughter. It seems as if its a lot of telling on each other. Last I checked everyone on here was over the age of 18. Tht being said, adults should act as such. If u have a problem with Wht someone says, inbox them and or delete them. By no means should u run and tell. This is a place for venting, relaxing, laughing, friendships and weight loss. I name weight last because u need to have fun while losing weight. Come on ppl stop the madness.

*hanging head in shame*

ok ok I admit it... I told on Big Lew... but it's because of his nekkid back....he shouldn't have shown it to me...LOL

*sticking tongue out at everyone* So THERE!
  • BIG_Lew
    Options
    I started this thread not to complain but to voice my opinion. I posted a thread about male hormones and male erection problems due to straining while exercising.....IT WAS REMOVED!!!! Mod thts a inappropriate topic and removed it. Wtf!!!! Craziness!!!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Wht happened to all the fun and laughter. It seems as if its a lot of telling on each other. Last I checked everyone on here was over the age of 18. Tht being said, adults should act as such. If u have a problem with Wht someone says, inbox them and or delete them. By no means should u run and tell. This is a place for venting, relaxing, laughing, friendships and weight loss. I name weight last because u need to have fun while losing weight. Come on ppl stop the madness.

*hanging head in shame*

ok ok I admit it... I told on Big Lew... but it's because of his nekkid back....he shouldn't have shown it to me...LOL

So you are the monkey on his back?
  • BIG_Lew
    Options

*hanging head in shame*

Lmao!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.