Who inspires you for weightloss and fitness?

Options
I am needing some inspiration, was hoping that others might share who they follow on various platforms. Who inspires you to keep going?
Thank you in advance :smile:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,911 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, was me, and when I decided enough was enough, I lost the weight and kept if off, easy peasy basically. Fitness, it's hockey played at a decently high level 10 months of the year, every year. And if anyone has played hockey, they'll know what I mean. cheers
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,953 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the people who "keep me going" are on this forum and out and about doing active lifestyle things.

...and the people in the produce section of the grocery. They tend to not have booze and ice cream in their carts. Yet. :wink:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I follow fitness chef and Joshua hill nutrition on Facebook as both follow calorie deficit and not demonising food

Sick of seeing folks insisting you need to cut out anything you enjoy, promoting devices that are meant to have you skinny in a week, stealing people's before and after pics to do so
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Just myself. I'm doing so well and have so much to look forward to now!
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go on YouTube and search things like “healthy cooking for one” and “healthy meal prep” or “what I eat in a day to lose weight” or “healthy Trader Joe’s haul” etc. Some are better than others. Many are awful, so watch with a critical eye. (I saw one the other day where the woman ate no fruits or vegetables the entire day and I can’t believe her digestive system even works!) But it does give me ideas. A little motivation even. I even ended up buying some veggie saver containers for my fridge that I saw on a video, and some mini salad dressing containers. Oh, and some protein bars that I actually like, and the idea to cook cauliflower gnocchi in the air fryer (yum).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I inspire myself. I'm rubbish at sport, but I'm still competitive and want to improve myself. It's probably not the kind of answer you expected here, but basically I somehow manage to inspire myself.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    At 70 I look at photos of myself in my 20’s and try to stay as close as possible to that. It shows what I’m capable of.

Alan Aragon is who I listen to regarding diet. I’ve attached a book that IMO is worth reading.

s2yeciq1z5sg.jpeg
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Many awesome threads available in the Success Stories section and they make for an excellent motivation when mine is lacking and a good diversion when random cravings happen.
  • refactored
    refactored Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I like the YouTube channel Half of Carla. She lost 180 pounds and has videos on tips that helped her as well as videos about her journey.
    https://youtube.com/@HalfofCarla
  • putotherpeoplefirst
    Options
    Lacey Stone and Mirna Valerio.
  • clairrob
    clairrob Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Joey Swoll, he's a total gym bro but really encourages people of all sizes. He helped me realise that the gym isn't a scary place.