Hot Damn! I Fit In Large Shirts

Options
Wow!

Coming from 2x and some 3x just two years ago, when I pulled a large off the shelf, my mind was telling me, "no way that little thing fits you"

Well guess what "fat mind", you were wrong, it fit perfectly ;)

I don't know if anyone ever noticed this or not, but there is like ten times more selection in the large rack as opposed to the plus sized clothing, not to mention most are a bit cheaper.

Not only that, but I can now raid my kids closets for shirts should I not find something for the occasion :)

Woo! Hoo!

Replies

• Kristy144
    Options
    So awesome!
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's great! What an amazing feeling that must be! I keep a pair of my biggest pants from years ago just as a reminder. Would you be willing to share some of your awesome success tips?!
  • EdelweissViola
    Options
    Best. Feeling. Ever! :) Congrats!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    congrats well done on you amazing loss
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!! Good for you!!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's the best feeling ever.
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    YES!! CONGRATS! AH, that size large is so promising! I am happy 4 u! Keep it up!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...tell that fat mind to "take that"!!!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm living for, being able to wear cool, funny, offensive t-shirts that don't currently go up to my size!

Good on you!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    good job!!! Morale booster fo shizzle!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had the same experience. I still don't think I'll fit into larges when I get them off the hanger but somehow I magically do, lol.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That's great! What an amazing feeling that must be! I keep a pair of my biggest pants from years ago just as a reminder. Would you be willing to share some of your awesome success tips?!
    [/quote

Surround yourself with a like minded, supportive group like those here at MFP, that made a huge difference for me.

I exercise regularly, at least 5-6 times a week. Nothing super drastic, 40-45 minutes a day, but try not to miss more than one day a week.

Being a former diabetic, I totally cut out all sugar, breads, processed carbs, potatoes, 99% of all fast foods and most rice.

I'm not perfect, who is, but I really try to stay away from anything that comes in a can or a box, some days this is impossible though.

The only liquids I drink are coffee and water, loads of water, probably too much coffee and once or twice a week I'll treat myself to a diet cola of some sort. I used to drink close to a 6-pack of regular Coke a day, coupled with way too much fast food.

When in doubt, ask questions. I still have tons of questions and someone here can either answer it for me in a few minutes, or point me to an article, a study or a website that can, that's really invaluable if you ask me.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! I cant wait to get to that point
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wooooo Hooo!!!! Talk about a NSV.:bigsmile:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    WooHoo from here too!!! Awesome!!! What a terrific NSV!!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!