In your opinion...Sweet Tea?

Options
124»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I dislike tea and as such never have had a problem. But in general, if you want to drink an 8 oz glass, just do it or you'll end up eating something you don't enjoy as much for the same calories.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners give me migraines and stevia tastes like window cleaner to me, so I choose to use palm sugar instead of cane sugar in most things.

Window cleaner, huh?

I cannot stand the taste of ANY sugar substitute, and avoid them like the plague.
    But that's just me :wink:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love Sweet Tea, hate artificial sweetners. Enjoy your tea every so often. Like everything else...it's all in moderation. Definitely log it in your diary though!!!! It's never good to start playing guessing games with your calories. The whole reason for utilizing MFP is to be able to track your calories accurately.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I dont drink it, think its gross. But, I do enjoy green tea and tea in general. I would look to stay with sugar over artificial sweetners as there is a ton of research looking at the long term side effects of fake sugars.

There has been a ton of research, but I've yet to see any that suggests they are bad for you.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I dont drink it, think its gross. But, I do enjoy green tea and tea in general. I would look to stay with sugar over artificial sweetners as there is a ton of research looking at the long term side effects of fake sugars.

There has been a ton of research, but I've yet to see any that suggests they are bad for you.

This.

It's just yet MORE scaremongering!

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if this board actually gives more incorrect information than correct information lately...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    LOG EVERYTHING!
  • Donna_T_B
    Donna_T_B Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you want it...drink it...and log it.

If you omit certain things from your log I think eventually it will hinder progress because it will go from not logging sweet tea to not logging a donut.

Sweet Tea is delicious...I'm a southerner and I like my tea....ssssssssweeeeeeeeetttttttt! lol Splenda wouldn't cut it for me.

Good luck!

I'm with you! We southerners don't cotton to having fake stuff in our tea. In our sodas, no problem. But don't mess with our tea!

I like to say, in the South, tea is sweet and cornbread is NOT! :)
  • JuliePete
    Options
    Don't know if anyone still cares, but I have opted to cut the sugar in half and replace with Splenda. It tastes about the same and has only 68 Cal for a 16 oz glass. That is doable once a day. Thanks for the input!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was just gonna reply to do half sugar and half splenda...It tastes the same....and after you get used to that (a couple months) start doing more Splenda and less sugar, and you'll get to where you really can't tell that you have no sugar at all...
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works! I stopped drinking diet soda regularly and switched to sugar free sweet tea. I love Walmart's great value brand.