Has anyone tried the Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Any updates from the Fitbit users?

Ideally, I would get a Bodymedia, but I can't shell out $250 right now, and then pay for a subscription on top of that. This is also more easily concealed, which is a major perk if I must wear it 99% of the day.

But no heart rate monitoring and skin sensing makes me wonder how accurate it is.

Success? Reviews? Suggestions?
    It is a excellent pedometer. I think it is very accurate. It measures side and back steps. I like it because it make me aware of how many steps I need to get to 10k.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like mine so far and it got a good review on fat2fitradio.com as well. It already told me I am burning more calories on my daily walk than I originally thought based on just estimating my weight, etc.

I like the sleep tracker feature. I wonder how accurate it is? It's saying I wake up a lot during the night and I am going to try to take steps to adjust that with white noise or ear plugs or something, if I can. If it's right, then it would explain why I feel sleepy most days and have low energy levels :P
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bought and it was a waste of money. It is essentially a pedometer and you can buy those MUCH cheaper.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My son uses it and loves it. He's a big IT geek.
  • marcibar
    Options
    Any updates from the Fitbit users?

Ideally, I would get a Bodymedia, but I can't shell out $250 right now, and then pay for a subscription on top of that. This is also more easily concealed, which is a major perk if I must wear it 99% of the day.

But no heart rate monitoring and skin sensing makes me wonder how accurate it is.

Success? Reviews? Suggestions?

I believe I have a coupon code for the bodymedia. If you send me your email address I will try to find it tomorrow and forward the email to you!

Marci
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I was looking for a new HRM I looked at the Fitbit, Bodybugg, Bodymedia and all those kinds of products. I decided on the Bodymedia and I love it! I love numbers and all that so it was definitely for me.
    If you're going to fork out a bit, I'd pay a bit more for a better product.
  • Fiyero
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have found neither the bodymedia nor the fitdit to be particularly accurate. I would trust a regular heartrate monitor over these devices for now as we don't actually know what metrics the Bodymedia captures.

That being said, there is some pretty cool stuff in the pipe. The basis watch will capture heart rate data and skin temperature, and since it will be on the wrist, it should have no trouble picking up the pulse. Also, Jawbone is said to be coming out with a bracelet tracking device (2011?) that will do something similar. I am personally looking forward to seeing the Jawbone as their stuff is pretty fashion conscious.