ALCOHOL?!?! What "could" I drink

It's my friends BD this saturday.. any suggestions on low carbs/cal/sugar drinks??..
What would be better??.. Beer, Red wine... Vodka with crystal light type of thing?

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Straight liquor (vodka, whiskey, etc) or wine. Not beer and not sugary cocktails!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    if i drink i usually go with shots of straight liquor. you dont get the added calories of mixers and if you are trying to get drunk it doesnt take as long so you drink less. i would go with vodka and a lemon wedge or patron with a lime wedge
  • Yup, clear liquor. Vodka.
  • vodka & diet tonic, gin & diet tonic, rum & diet coke. Gotta be careful with the wine...hard to judge how many oz per glass, and if someone else is topping you up, there is no way to know how much you've had! Good luck!
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    I like Vodka and Soda and a slice of lime.
    Not TOO sweet like mixing it with diet soda, so i drink it more slowly,
    but still takes refreshing. Can always all Fresh Mint and do a Mojito type thing too!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    ..... and if you are trying to get drunk it doesnt take as long so you drink less.

hell yea! :glasses: :drinker:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    champagne - has around 500 calories for an entire bottle AND bubbles - it's all I drink; well ok sometimes plain wine but I prefer champagne
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    I'd avoid beer as much as possible. It bloats you and tends to be high in calories/carbs. I'd also go with the wine or straight liquor, unless you have some type of diet soda to go with rum, whiskey, etc.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Gin and tonic

Gimlet (Sometimes gin & lime juice, sometimes gin, lime juice & soda)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Orange Crystal light on the go packet.
    A shot of club soda for fiz
    A shot or two of cream rum.

It's like almost ZERO!
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    If you like bloody mary's go for it, it has some calories but I think of it as my liquid salad!
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    I'd vote red wine or straight liquor (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, tequila). As a middle ground, if you use your mixers as chasers instead you will drink less of them.

Truthfully, while sugary mixed drinks can be high calorie and you can certainly drink too many low-alcohol beers, usually its the greasy drunk food that ends up blowing the diet away.
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    vodka is ur best bet,i drink vodka with sprite zero and it works out to about 60cals
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Hard liquor baby
  • I don't get why people are suggesting to drink wine over beer ? The light beer's have less than half the calories of any wine. I do agree with the straight alcohol. I'd suggest Tequila, as it has medicinal properties. ;o) But if you really want to lose weight fast, just don't drink any alcohol.
  • sitterpatsy
    sitterpatsy Posts: 8 Member
    I'm thinking I will drink vodka with tomato juice. How bad can that be? Ordinarily I would have a Long Island Ice Tea or Spanish Coffee....but they are loaded with calories!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I do like beer - I stay with Micholob Ultra.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Tequila if you want your clothes to fall off.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Lol i get really teased for this but when i plan to drink for a fun night i always shoot vodka and i chase it with cordial lol im not sure what americans call cordial but basically its a flavoured sirup that you mix with water , normally a kids drink but even though people laugh ,,, its low in calories and high in water sooooooo im the last one laughing when in the morning i dont have a hang over :)