Losing inches without losing lbs

Options
So I've been sick and tired of not seeing any progress w/ the stupid evil scales... my before pics you are getting ready to see I weighed 184, and now I'm at 177, so really only a 7 lbs difference... but in my measurements it was almost an 11 inch difference overall!

So I decided to take some progression pics just to get a feel for where I am and to show myself that what I'm doing is actually working :) so here they go.... I still have a long way to go but am pleased that I'm starting to see some progress...even if the scales aren't showing it! I still have alot longer to go... and I surely can't believe that I'm showing these progress pics w/ my awful looking roadmap baby abused tummy hanging out... but you get the point! I think I am noticing some difference... :)
front9-22.jpg
sideprogress9-22.jpg
back9-22progress.jpg

before
IMG_7093.jpg

During
IMG_7675-2-1.jpg

Current
IMG_7786.jpgIMG_7787.jpg

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I see the difference, you are brave and making a wonderful progress there. What are you doing to lose all the inches...Good job, keep it up.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can't believe I posted those either haha.... but I wanted to see that someimes its ok to not lose any weight if you're losing inches... I'm doing zumba 2 days a week, sticking w/ my calories...and then doing some other types of exercise on days that I don't ahve zumba :)
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think those are fabulous results:bigsmile: yes the scales are evil but you can tell from your pictures that the waistline is making an appearance! Great job:happy:
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You are making AWESOME progress re-shaping your body!!!! Kudos to you for such great progress and thank you for sharing! This should be great motivation for all the peeps who get psyched out when the scale isn't budging.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'm beginning to think my front view will never change lol.... I think I'm always going to have a waist and ugly behind stretch marks thanks to my daughter who weighed right at 10 lbs at birth....
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I could really tell a lot from the shot of your back. U are definitely slimming...keep it up sista!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    10 lbs?! whoa! Keep up the good work, yes scales lieeee!!!!!!!
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Today I kinda did the same thing. I feel better but the scale went up. So I took out my pictures from a month ago and compared what I look like now in the same outfit. I look good although there is always that voice in your head that tells you you wish you could look better! But still great progress on both our parts!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference!! Way to go, keep it up :)
  • kenypooh
    Options
    Congratulations sweetie, you have definitely lost inches,,,,,keep up the good work,
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You can see a big difference. I want to thank you so much for posting this because so many of us look at the numbers on the scale and tend to give up because the #'s are not where we want and without thinking of all the other good things we are doing for our bodies.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im losing weight but not inches, id rather lose inches
  • chkm8
    chkm8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all, I commend you on your progress and for posting your pictures. It's inspiring to see real people making real progress. You're doing a great job!
    I'm not an expert but speaking from my own personal experience, if you've increased your exercise regimen, one thing you have to take into consideration regarding weight is that not only are you burning fat, but you're also developing muscle. Some of the weight that you're losing in fat can be countered by the muscle mass you're developing. I wouldn't be fixated too much with the scale. If you're interested in tracking progress try following body fat percentage.
  • vbowman_morris
    vbowman_morris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way!! I lost quite a few lbs real quickly and now its just lingering on the scale but I am still losing inches. My trainer says its due to the fact that I am toning and shaping my body by weight training and putting on muscle mass which weighs more than fat so the scale isnt really going down although I am actually losing fat. I can tell a huge difference in your photos and I think you are doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are totally losing inches in the right places. :)
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    im around the same weight loss...i'm weighing in on monday and hoping i lost some more! and i also feel like i can see a difference in myself and the scale is finally starting to budge, seeing your pics and knowing that your in a similar situation to mine, made me just think that this difference im seeing in my body, without the pound loss must be real! ... great work, keep it up!
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you because I know your struggles! Keep up the good work!
  • sunshine012404
    Options
    Great job! I can really see it! I think I need to do this becuase I also have the probelm!! Very slow weight loss but I work really hard!!!
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    OH YES! I can def see a difference. Especially in your back shot! Your waste is shrinking girl!! KEEP IT UP! Congrats!
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Definite difference. Thanks for the pictures. It makes it a little easier seeing the scale not move. I started to second guess myself when my clothes were getting bigger but my weight wasn't going down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!