15 pounds to lose challenge- Feb. 1, 2023-April 30, 2023

Options

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @Sistersue3285 I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I hate to say you never get over it but you learn to live with it.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @Sistersue3285 My deepest sympathies
  • joandumas42
    joandumas42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine’s Day!❤️‍🩹 Sherry, so sorry about your mom. Where in BC are you from? I live near Kamloops.
  • MrsLaven2015
    MrsLaven2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs

02/06 - 149
    02/13 - 147

I'm still working on tracking my food. I was shocked to realize how easy it is to go over my calories, but I suppose that's what happens for most people once they start. Doesn't help that I meal planned and went shopping before committing to tracking my calories! I've noticed that I don't get close to my fiber goal and I tend to go over on fats. Wednesdays are my grocery shopping days so I'll try and plan better this week. I think my dairy consumption throws me off since I buy full fat yogurt for my kids and 2% milk. I haven't started exercising yet either :s It's hard to get out of that mindset of "I'll start on Monday" because if you miss the Monday then you wait a week. But I've been getting over a sinus thing which has really knocked me off my feet this past week.

My calorie goal is 1750/day. I want to split it up close to 400 breakfast, 150 snack, 400 lunch, 150 snack, 500 dinner, 150 dessert/snack. I'm up early with my kids and instantly hungry. I also need a good protein source when I eat. I don't feel well on all carbs. Any go to's? I can meal prep and eat the same thing over and over to make it easier. Dinner is hard though but I'm working on calculating calories of what I cook and portioning it out.
  • Sistersue3285
    Sistersue3285 Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Happy Valentine’s Day!❤️‍🩹 Sherry, so sorry about your mom. Where in BC are you from? I live near Kamloops.

I live in Salmon Arm.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,810 Member
    Options
    @Sistersue3285 I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. It is one of the most difficult losses to get thru. My prayers are with you.

@200Karen What great pics of your babies! I always love the animal pics! Thanks so much for sharing. They are beautiful!

@Plasicage Thanks for the sharing the visual graphs. If you don't mind, I want to share it on my other challenges. It really puts things into perspective!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the condolences. She was almost 92, a month from her 92nd birthday.

You were really fortunate to have her so long!