New and moving to Rome Italy

Options
Hello all. I have been a member in the past but not very active. I am committed to building a more healthy relationship with food and fitness. My challenge is doing this while living in Rome, Italy. Support and advice welcomed. I am 70 years old, about 8 pounds from my target weight and naturally a couch potato.
Grazie

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm 68, an American, and have lived in Rome for 37 years. Welcome, and hope you enjoy the city and all it has to offer.
  • Barbaragloria
    Barbaragloria Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. We have lived in Rome for 3 months every year (except one covid year) for the past 7 years...but this is my first year trying to get/stay fit. We rent the same apartment in Nomentano, 10 minute walk from Piazza Bologna. Do you have any recommendations on a gym? So great to connect.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 994 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I split my time between New York and Rome. I use the app the same in both places! I have never belonged to a gym in Roma - i do a lot of walking instead. Actually I walk more in Rome than NYC.
    Parking in Roma centrale on off days is a pain in the ….and even worse than Manhattan.. So i leave the car at home.

I love walking the banks of the Tiber close to our house in Trastevere or up and down the appia antica when going to my grandmother in law’s. The weather is getting warmer and and there are some beautiful parks by villa Torlonia in your neighborhood… could be a nice Spring pick me up!

Enjoy!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. We have lived in Rome for 3 months every year (except one covid year) for the past 7 years...but this is my first year trying to get/stay fit. We rent the same apartment in Nomentano, 10 minute walk from Piazza Bologna. Do you have any recommendations on a gym? So great to connect.

We live between the Coloseum and Termini. There is a lovely Fitness Center near us that we use---pool, gym, yoga, tai chi, posturale, total body, and the list goes on. It's called Santa Maria. My husband and I also jog-walk in the park most mornings.

I'm not familiar with things in your area. Sorry.