Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 214

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,814 Member
    Options
    Skyleen75 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady
    I respect that you are going to do what your dietician is suggesting even though it does sound counterintuitive to you.

You mentioned food aversions, that sound like this is going to be really hard.

I’ve been thinking about some high carb healthy foods that maybe you like.

Oatmeal
    Baked Potatoes
    Rice
    Pasta

Lol, basically the foods most of us limit.

@Skyleen75 Thanks for the ideas. For "normal" diabetics the potatoes, rice and pasta are very limited to no-no because it enters the bloodstream too fast. Oatmeal is a great idea though I don't know much about how it works in the bloodstream. But I agree that you are right. It is better to stick to a baked potato than pizza! (I use pizza for an example. I don't actually eat pizza very often, I have a thing in my head that the dough will be raw!). For me, any veggie is a good thing, even one on the high glycemic index. Definitely better than ice cream!

I have worked my *kitten* off today trying to pre-log foods up to 158g of carbs without going over the 1400 calories and I just can't reach it no matter what I try (that is in my house and that I can eat.) I am close at about 136. I used a 100% whole wheat muffin to help my breakfast goal (she wanted me at 70 or more carbs per meal x 3 meals). I used Tomato Basil soup from Schwan's and some croutons to help my lunch, I am using a 100% whole wheat pita with homemade shish-kebobs (with some roasted peppers, mushrooms & onions, to help with my dinner goal. I made some chia pudding for a snack. I also had some applesauce (I can't eat apples). I also had yogurt which gave me 17 carbs. This is a lot of work!
    I appreciate any and all suggestions from everyone. Rice and Pasta are definitely something I will add in as I can put something with higher fat or fiber with it to slow it's entering the bloodstream. Great ideas!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »
    I was introduced to Ezekiel 4:9 bread during last round. I avoid store bought bread but that stuff is really good and really good for you. It's in the freezer aisle at the grocery store. Toasted Ezekiel bread, half avocado, sunny side up egg, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar is a really satisfying snack for me. It's my new favorite bread.

@shmmm3 ~ that sounds good. I eat the Ezekiel muffins with either I can't believe it's not butter or a fruit spread. I haven't tried the bread...but I will, thank you!