Discontinued products you're still mad about

Options
I recently learned that Honest Tea was discontinued. I was really craving it yesterday and couldn't find it at the store, I looked it up, and sure enough, stupid Coca-Cola decided to end the product line because they had "too many iced tea lines." The founders of Honest Tea started a new company, Just Ice Tea, that is basically the same thing as the original Honest Tea formula. However, it's not available in the regular supermarkets in my area, only the fancy supermarkets which aren't located near where I live. To me Honest Tea was a nostalgia food which makes it especially upsetting. In high school I would get it after track practice or if my friends and I went out for lunch. Everyone in my friend group drank it. I didn't drink it super often in recent years because Coca-Cola increased its sugar content and I reduced my sugar intake in my 20s. But I liked that it was always available at the nearest supermarket or pharmacy if I wanted it.

What discontinued products are you mad about?

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Carnation Breakfast Bars. I used to eat one every morning in high school. I'm sure they were pure sugar, but I'd buy them now just for the nostalgia.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I recently learned that Honest Tea was discontinued. I was really craving it yesterday and couldn't find it at the store, I looked it up, and sure enough, stupid Coca-Cola decided to end the product line because they had "too many iced tea lines." The founders of Honest Tea started a new company, Just Ice Tea, that is basically the same thing as the original Honest Tea formula. However, it's not available in the regular supermarkets in my area, only the fancy supermarkets which aren't located near where I live. To me Honest Tea was a nostalgia food which makes it especially upsetting. In high school I would get it after track practice or if my friends and I went out for lunch. Everyone in my friend group drank it. I didn't drink it super often in recent years because Coca-Cola increased its sugar content and I reduced my sugar intake in my 20s. But I liked that it was always available at the nearest supermarket or pharmacy if I wanted it.

Try ordering it online maybe?
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Grilled dogs from Burger King! My jaw dropped seeing they were only briefly available in 2016 - I'm still sad about it 7 years later?! Lol
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

It was discontinued as of December 31, 2022. No longer in production. Any leftover stock that may be scattered across the internet would probably be way overpriced.
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Carnation Breakfast Bars. I used to eat one every morning in high school. I'm sure they were pure sugar, but I'd buy them now just for the nostalgia.

There's a Facebook group with almost 10K people entitled "Bring Back Original Carnation Breakfast Bars," so I think you're not alone in that!
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    Grilled dogs from Burger King! My jaw dropped seeing they were only briefly available in 2016 - I'm still sad about it 7 years later?! Lol

Wow I never even knew they had those.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

It was discontinued as of December 31, 2022. No longer in production. Any leftover stock that may be scattered across the internet would probably be way overpriced.

True. I was referring to the Just Iced Tea, which she said she likes, but wasn't at her local store. I should've specified.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Twist! I really liked it when it was out in the early 2000's.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Twice my preferred brand of sourdough bread suddenly discontinued, forcing me to try out other brands to find a suitable substitute.

Wal-Mart one summer offered a store-brand ice cream sandwich bar, which was, in order:
    ...graham cracker outer layer
    ...chocolate ice cream
    ...vanilla ice cream
    ...chocolate outer layer

My wife and I fell in love with it, but they stopped selling it when summer ended. At first I hoped they would bring it back the following summer, but it's been several years now, and I'm still waiting.
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    Pepsi Twist! I really liked it when it was out in the early 2000's.

That's a blast from the past! As a kid I also liked Oreo O's and Dunkaroos which were discontinued, but both were brought back in recent years.
    nossmf wrote: »
    Twice my preferred brand of sourdough bread suddenly discontinued, forcing me to try out other brands to find a suitable substitute.

Wal-Mart one summer offered a store-brand ice cream sandwich bar, which was, in order:
    ...graham cracker outer layer
    ...chocolate ice cream
    ...vanilla ice cream
    ...chocolate outer layer

My wife and I fell in love with it, but they stopped selling it when summer ended. At first I hoped they would bring it back the following summer, but it's been several years now, and I'm still waiting.

Ooh that ice cream bar sounds really good. Too bad it was discontinued.