Am I supposed to get the "calories remaining" number to 0 ev

Options
*everyday? Or is it better/worse to have some leftover?

Replies

• gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    it's ok to have a little left over. If you have too much left over it will tell you when you complete your food diary for the day. You'll put your body in starvation mode and it'll be harder to lose weight.
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    it's ok to have a little left over. If you have too much left over it will tell you when you complete your food diary for the day. You'll put your body in starvation mode and it'll be harder to lose weight.

That is only if you don't reach at least 1200 before exercise.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    as close as possible. although I find that eating all my exercise calories back keeps me at the same weight so I have to eat less of those in order to lose.
  • mikefit48
    mikefit48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It varies for most people. Also, several things aren't factored into this equation: I.e. WHAT you're eating, the times you eat and how it effects your blood sugar, and how much lean muscle you are building. The site suppossedly correctly calculates the amount you are supposed to eat to lose, so feasibly you DO want to eat as close to this number as possible AFTER EXERCISE while considering the above factors (for instance, contrary to popular belief eating Snickers to reach your calorie goal is not going to create an environment where, in the long run, you lose the weight and build the muscle neccessary to be and look healthy!). I would always suggest a deficit of between 500-700 calories ONLY (and in most cases less..) as a way to lose. If it's higher I promise you'll plateau.. Hope this helps a bit!