Short GUYS (5'4 - 5'6), what is your goal weight?

Options
I've seen several threads for short women asking the same question, but I'd like a feel for the shorter fellas, as to what your goal weight range is. I'm short at 5'4", and currently, my final goal is about 155.

According to the BMI scale, that's still at the lower end of the Overweight range. But that's the lowest I've ever been in my adult life, about 15yrs ago when I was in the Navy. I'm currently at 168 which, according to the scale, is at the UPPER end of the Overweight range. I don't feel that's accurate, given my frame (you can see "after pics" at the link on the bottom of my sig).

The healthy weight range according to the BMI scales for a male of my height, is 109-146lbs. I mean, SERIOUSLY??? 109??? 146 is somewhat reasonable I think for my frame.

Anyway, sound off all you short fellers! Unfortunately, from what I've seen of late, I'm like the only short dude on these forums from time to time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets very few responses. :laugh:

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my initial goal is 70 KGs (154 lbs). I'll look at adjusting that as I get closer to my goal weight though (and dependent on how my strength training goes - a low body fat % is more important to me than a scale number).
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    No, there's plenty of us out here. In my av here I was at about 137 lbs. I'm currently trying to gain (lean mass hopefully); I'm now at 143-ish. I think my happy place would be around 150.

Oh, and I'm 5'7".
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies gents. Wow, there ARE more of us out there! And here I was losing hope. :laugh:

Shameless bump. Come on out short dudes! Dun be skeered! :tongue:
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Another bump - hopin for a few more replies. :laugh:
  • drajni
    drajni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"; My starting weight was 68kg [about 150 lbs] (pure fat). My initial goal was to get down to 60, which happened almost as soon as i signed on here :s. I later altered my goals here and now i am at 54kg. I don't want to lose any further weight! But there is a bit of fat around my belly still. My current goal is to maybe get down to 52 and then try to 'bulk' again, properly this time.
  • johnpannell
    johnpannell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'2". I had ballooned up to about 160 a few years ago, getting dangerously close to "obese" for my height, and quickly dropped back down to about 150. Having to buy my first 36" waist jeans was the shocker for me. I never could get control of my diet so even thought I was working out regularly, I stayed in the 145-153 range, well into "overweight" territory for my height.

Now I think I have a handle on my eating habits -- diet still stinks, but getting better -- and thanks to this website I have really cut down on the calories.

My goal is 125. I want my 28" waist back.