Potato Chips

garimac
garimac Posts: 174
Dont hate me but I do not have a sweet tooth, my thing is crispy and salty

low fat potato chips? Who'd have ever thunk it? Yukon golds make great potato chips, as do Idaho bakers. The easiest way to slice the potatoes is with a mandoline or on the slicing disk of your food processor.

Makes about 80 chips, enough to serve 4 to 6.

Ingredients

2 large baking potatoes, thoroughly scrubbed
spray olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cooking Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Thinly slice the potatoes on a mandoline or in a food processor. They should be no more than 1/8 inch thick. Blot the potato slices dry on paper towels.
Lightly spray two nonstick baking sheets with spray oil. Arrange the potato slices on top in a single layer and spray the tops with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake the chips until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chips to a cake rack to cool.
Note: in the unlikely event you have any chips leftover the next day and they become soggy, simply rebake them for a few minutes. They'll crisp as they cool.

Nutrition Facts (serving size: about 20 chips)

Calories: 80
Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Sodium: 0mg
% Calories from Fat: 34%
% Calories from Saturated Fat: 0%

Replies

• garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Dont hate me but I do not have a sweet tooth, my thing is crispy and salty

low fat potato chips? Who'd have ever thunk it? Yukon golds make great potato chips, as do Idaho bakers. The easiest way to slice the potatoes is with a mandoline or on the slicing disk of your food processor.

Makes about 80 chips, enough to serve 4 to 6.

Ingredients

2 large baking potatoes, thoroughly scrubbed
    spray olive oil
    salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cooking Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    Thinly slice the potatoes on a mandoline or in a food processor. They should be no more than 1/8 inch thick. Blot the potato slices dry on paper towels.
    Lightly spray two nonstick baking sheets with spray oil. Arrange the potato slices on top in a single layer and spray the tops with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
    Bake the chips until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chips to a cake rack to cool.
    Note: in the unlikely event you have any chips leftover the next day and they become soggy, simply rebake them for a few minutes. They'll crisp as they cool.

Nutrition Facts (serving size: about 20 chips)

Calories: 80
    Fat: 3g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Sodium: 0mg
    % Calories from Fat: 34%
    % Calories from Saturated Fat: 0%