75 Soft Challenge

Options
whaleytales
whaleytales Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2023 in Motivation and Support
Today, February 20, I’m starting on the adventure of 75 soft! this is a more reasonable version of the 75 hard for those of us who wouldn’t be able to maintain that or have a healthy relationship with that.

The rules are, every day for 75 days:

-One 45-minute workout a day, every day for 75 days. (One active recovery day.)

-Eat a healthy diet and only drink alcohol socially, if any. Only drink on social occasions.

-Drink three litres of water a day.

-Read 10 pages of any book, though self-improvement is preferred.

If you’d like to join me on this journey and challenge yourself as well, friend me, and we can hold each other accountable and be in this together!!
Tagged:

Replies

• MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I like your version of the challenge. It seems achievable, especially for those of us going from a complete standstill to full speed ahead. So long, bad life habits!! Would you mind if I joined? Sending a friend request.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    The last challenge seems out of place with the others, not because it's inappropriate, but just the difficulty of it isn't nearly on par with the first three. Exercise takes 45 minutes...planning, cooking and eating healthy at least an hour...3 liters of water is quite a bit and would take all day...but 10 pages can be finished in 10 minutes. I would think make it a little more robust, say 30 pages or one chapter, whichever comes first.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I’m in. I’ll start in the morning
  • MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I managed to get all the challenges done, yesterday, but I completely forgot to read a book. So disappointed. I won't forget the book today!
  • mfp_lynn
    mfp_lynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I really like this idea. Looking forward to the next 75 days, one day at a time, beginning tomorrow -- it is now time to turn off gadgets, wind down & get some sleep. Night y'all.
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I’ll join you, starting today, and I’ll post every evening. Thanks
  • Kelzi85
    Kelzi85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m doing this too! I started on Feb 27. I’ll add you!
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Just finished my 10 pages, did my workout early this morning, got my water in, ate well, and no alcohol....I did get into bed very early to avoid extra eating. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Day 1 a success
  • luciebrucie
    Options
    Day 2 ✔️
  • LzzyBrdn
    LzzyBrdn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 myself knowing I couldn't do the hard with some upcoming trips in April and May. But eager to see how my soft/medium goes!
  • _simplicity_
    _simplicity_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm joining. I know this is doable during the holidays. Most of our holiday meals are regular nutritional & enjoyable. Already set the calendar up. Day 1 is today 11/18/23 .. Day 75 is 1/31/24. This is perfect! Most of these I already do, so will help with overall consistency. Thanks! See you throughout the next 75 days.