Turbo Jammers 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    have a great time Kelly. My goal is to get up early and do PK&J too! I did that and ran today.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just have a quick minute to check in w/ TS and 20 min:smile: I need to finish cleaning the house prior to my mom watching the kiddos for us this weekend. Hoping to get up early tomorrow to get in P,K,&J before we begin celebrating!

Why is it that we clean our homes for our parents to come watch our children? You know they just let the kids run amuk anyway and by the time you get home it's trashed! Oh the things we do outta respect and love for our parents AND children.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Lyn ~ I so sympathize with you on the hubby. Just want to say, give him a ittle credit...he did make reservations for you :)

Ok, off to do a little more work. I got to eat lunch with my son at school. So much fun! But he cried when I left :( He is having such a hard time with the divorce and it was 2 years ago. Sigh!

He made reservations for 8 oclock :angry: he knows I can't eat that late. I made him call them back and reschedule, so now we are doing a late lunch....much better time for me to eat AND for the kids to be at a babysitter.

I'm sorry your son is having a hard time with the divorce. My son is still adjusting to the fact that he isn't the man of the house anymore and it's been 2 years as well. How fun to eat lunch with him! I used to love going to have special snacks at preschool with my son...I have to wait until next year to do lunches with him.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your first Learn & Burn experience. It really doesn't take too long to get the hang of things and then you can jump into the 20 minute and Cardio Party. Keep it up, you'll become an addict like the rest of us.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Sara a pull up bar would become a make shift closet rod in our house....so it wouldn't be useless enough to spend money on :laugh:

Janet-I did get to the salon today...cut is very similar to what we've done for about the last 3 months (an A line cut, but this time with sweeping bangs) but the color is red/purple/blackish. I haven't been able to get a pic that does the hair justice yet, but when I do I will put it up :smile: My hubby says it's a dark plum color.

Michele-no yelling at the baby didn't work. I took her to her high chair and gave her a snack and she was very happy.

Which brings me to a question...those of you that are SAHM or WAHMs, do you feel the need (or maybe you have done it) to post your child(ren)s daily/hourly schedule up in the house so that the "man" of the house knows whats up? I'm about 2 seconds from doing it.

However I do feel a little less stressed...I don't know why but I'm not longer clenching my jaws together. I really want to talk with him about the things that annoy me but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if its him or me. I'm one of those very rational females and I try not to get all dramatic on him for no reason. I decided that our relationship as a whole is more important than being mad about a bunch of little things. We will probably still discuss them but I will be in a better frame of mind to do so. Thank you guys so much for putting up with me for the last couple of days. I appreciate that you guys understand and have allowed me to vent.

Company should be here shortly must run!
    Have a great Weekend! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    have a great time Kelly. My goal is to get up early and do PK&J too! I did that and ran today.

Great job, Megan! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow bright and early:wink:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just have a quick minute to check in w/ TS and 20 min:smile: I need to finish cleaning the house prior to my mom watching the kiddos for us this weekend. Hoping to get up early tomorrow to get in P,K,&J before we begin celebrating!

Why is it that we clean our homes for our parents to come watch our children? You know they just let the kids run amuk anyway and by the time you get home it's trashed! Oh the things we do outta respect and love for our parents AND children.

So true, Lyn!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Oh, Dragonfly you made me chuckle about the ab lounger. My mom bought one and oh, the uses I saw for it:laugh: :tongue: Great job on today's workout and have a fantastic weekend!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Michele...glad to hear you had a nice walk! Enjoy your weekend!

Amanda...WTG! Like the others said you will jammin' and have the hang of things in no time!!!! Keep up the good work! Lunch at school sounds like so much fun:bigsmile:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Lyn...glad you got to the salon. Doesn't it feel great to sit in that chair and have someone do their magic on you...heavenly:bigsmile: The color sounds really pretty!

As far as a schedule...back when we had one (and then 2 kids) and DH wasn't home as much during the day YES, I would post a schedule for him on the rare occasion I left. About 2 years ago he switched jobs where he works longer hours, but has more days off. Now that he is around for up to 7 days at a time (he has an odd/rotating/nice schedule LOL) he definitely has our routine down better. Does he do things exactly the way I would? No, but he tries. Plus, now w/ 3 kiddos I'm a tad bit more relaxed. We definitely have our routine, but not everything has to be perfect KWIM? I hope the two of you can sit down and talk about things. I'm glad you are not quite as stressed. Typically, when I'm upset I need to brew, sit, think, and calm down before I talk things out. Otherwise, in the heat of the moment I can say things I don't really mean:frown:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Lyn...glad you got to the salon. Doesn't it feel great to sit in that chair and have someone do their magic on you...heavenly:bigsmile: The color sounds really pretty!

As far as a schedule...back when we had one (and then 2 kids) and DH wasn't home as much during the day YES, I would post a schedule for him on the rare occasion I left. About 2 years ago he switched jobs where he works longer hours, but has more days off. Now that he is around for up to 7 days at a time (he has an odd/rotating/nice schedule LOL) he definitely has our routine down better. Does he do things exactly the way I would? No, but he tries. Plus, now w/ 3 kiddos I'm a tad bit more relaxed. We definitely have our routine, but not everything has to be perfect KWIM? I hope the two of you can sit down and talk about things. I'm glad you are not quite as stressed. Typically, when I'm upset I need to brew, sit, think, and calm down before I talk things out. Otherwise, in the heat of the moment I can say things I don't really mean:frown:

Kelly thank you for your input. I agree I'm not looking for things to be MY WAY, I just want him to stick to the "schedule" and the most important part of that schedule being food for the kids. Adi eats snack at xyz time and Dre needs to be eating lunch by xyz time so that he will be done and ready for the bus, Adi eats lunch at xyz time and generally has fruit and cereal.....THESE kinds of things. I could care less about what goes on between feeding times.
    I've been really trying hard not to shout hurtful words at the moment I'm angry. I'm at the point where I'm like "why doesn't he get it after 2 years????" UGH!!! I was ready to put it all away and try and be happy but some other stuff happened tonight that set me right back into the evil frame of mind. So for like the millionth night in a row...I'm going to bed mad. I'm really trying and it's breaking my heart, but he and the kids are my world. Everything I do is for them, about them, involves them, revolves around them....and I just don't feel that he's that committed to all of it. I feel totally disconnected from him and that we no longer have anything in common. It hurts.....
    I'm sorry there I go again....hey at least I'm not whining about not losing weight for the last two weeks even though I've been put in my workouts and stayin in my cals :laugh: And the thing that really gets me on this one is...the scale has said 174 all week and it comes to weigh in day and it bounces back to 175 :grumble: Oh well...I knew that pesky p word would find me eventually I just hoped that it wouldn't be 10 lbs from my goal.

Night ladies!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Got up early and got in PB&J...now I'm off to DC. Have a great weekend everyone!
    :heart:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Megan...thought of you this morning:happy: WTG on your workout!

Today marked my first workout as a 30 year old woman:noway: I got in P,K,&J and Ab Jam...felt pretty good!

Lyn...Hang in there, girl! Lots of (((hugs)))!

Have a great weekend all!
  • debbiernbsn
    Options
    Hi, Turbo Jammers, my name is Debbie and I've been lurking on the boards for a while. I'd just like to say that I am a big Turbo Jam/Chalene Extreme fan. I am finishing up my last week of Chalene Extreme Burn.

To answer the original question, my favorite set of moves is pretty much all of CP3, with the exception of the first set of moves. The whole thing makes me feel pretty darn good!!:happy:

:drinker:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies:flowerforyou: ,
    Haven't worked out today yet; but I did add CP1 to the list for yesterday after I got home from work. Slept in this morning and now sitting here sipping coffee and reading all of your posts. I seem to have such a tight scgedule M-F, it's kind of nice to get to move into the day gently on the weekends. One of my girlfriend is getting married in May and I'm supposed to be co-sponsoring a Bridal Shower for her. Another friend and I are going to look for decorations in a couple of hours. Hoping that the folgers will put some pep in my step ~ hopefully I can my workout in before we go but I guess that means I'll have to put the sneaks on - Oh, where is my energy this morning:noway: !!

Drevans- Cut and color sound wonderful! Can't wait til you post the new pic so we all can see how pretty you look. No need for the apologies about venting. Our feelings are real and they're ours. I agree with Gottaluv; I think it's much better to wait or to vent to us than vent at him in the heat of the moment. That's what friends are for.. to listen to us and maybe help us get a different perspective. Then we're better able to talk about what's bothering us when we aren't so angry. Easy to say but more difficult to practice,:wink: Trust me, I can relate!! You're doing good; just keep on trying. Hang in there,my friend. Sending up some prayers for you and your family:heart:

Amanda- Glad you got a chance to try the dvds and you like it!! Woo Hoo!! TJ is the most fun I've had working out ever. Chalene is funny and her comments during the workout really push me to try harder.
    Hope you stick with it and here with us.

Megan - DC is a wonderful place. I grew up there. Hope you get to hit Georgetown (oooooo the litte shops are wonderful),and maybe take in some of the museums. Lots there to see and do, have an awesome trip!

Hope all have a wonderful weekend:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just did the weigh in and only down .8 lbs this week:grumble(why IS that number so important??)
    I checked my measurements today too: my waist stayed the same (???) but i'm down 1.25 inches from my hips - yea!!! I'm such a pear shape!! Ok, so I'm putting my sneaks on, LOL!!

Keep pushing everybody:drinker:
  • sskera00_01
    Options
    I don't really have a favorite I like them all. Turbo Jam has been a life saver. Go JAMMERS!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Yea more new faces!!! Welcome fellow Jam Junkies!

Debbie I LOVE CP3...all of it. I definately have to say its my favorite. Feel free to share with us your experience with TJ. We love new stories and new energy..new motivation!

sskera-I'd love to hear your story. Have you lost all your weight with TJ?
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Kelly-happy_birthday_sml.gif
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Good morning
    Son has left for a church activity, hubby was suppose to be gone this morning but he's here, I just finished my breakfast and as soon as it settles I'm going to workout. Did I ever report that I did PB&J (hahah) yesterday...well I did. Today Idk what to do. I wanna get a good long workout in otherwise I would do FB. So it will probably CP3, hoping it will lift my mood. Maybe a little toning too ohhh but I have to do push ups today UGH...I was so wiped out Thursday, I don't think I will be able to do all of them but I'm going to try.

YEAH hubs just said he got called out to work. I'm excited for two reasons...one I get the house to myself like I was planning on (except the babe) and two service calls bring in big bucks...especially on the weekends. Let me share a little tip with you girls...if you have a plumbing "emergency" on the weekends....really really really really think about whether it can wait until monday or not. You will save SOOOOO much money waiting until a regular business day.

Alright I'm off to search the boards for some plateau advice. :grumble:
    Have a great day!
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Turbo Jammers! I have been reading the Turbo Jammer postings for quite sometime and thought today, I would finally post!

First of all...my name is Amy and I am a Turbo Jam addict.

Now that I have said that, my favorite combo would have to be the "Momma Said Knock You Out" set with the upper cuts and back kicks. However, the set close the end with the speedbags, left right, speedbags,left right, high low punches, always gets my energy back up just when I think I can't do anything else.

And I must say.....when it comes to Jenga, I got it goin' on. :glasses:

I have been shopping for the other CP's...I only have the one that came with the 20 min/LB, CP/AJ, and PK&J. Where can I find the others? I must not be looking in the right place. The only ones I ever see are the ones I already own and the new Extreme.

Wishing you all a great TJ weekend! :drinker: