Wegovy

Options
Any other Wegovy users here? How is your weight loss coming? I'd like to talk with others about what you are doing-

Replies

• vivianfrancisrouse
    Options
    Hello, just took the first injection Saturday afternoon and feel fine so far. Also following low carb 1100 food plan.

Tell me about your experience?
  • jerps_girl
    jerps_girl Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi - started in January. Will take my 4th dose tonight. Slow and steady wins the race I guess. I am on 1250 cals /day. Also a bariatric patient 13 yrs out. Trying to be active - difficult w/ chronic pain from multiple surgeries. I do feel bloated a lot. Some nausea/dizziness occasionally. I notice nausea if I eat something too sweet.
  • loosbrockandy
    loosbrockandy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is wegovy?
  • listvanek61
    listvanek61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just took my 2nd dose on Sunday. I am doing okay. I have no motivation to work out. I can't afford a gym, so home work outs would be. I am looking for that motivation. Thank you.
  • jerps_girl
    jerps_girl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - took my 5th shot last week. Weight is holding steady. No increase in dosage for the second month. Keeping it at .50 for easier transition and hopefully the side effects will be more tolerable as I titrate up in dosage.
  • bowensmith2014
    bowensmith2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Took my first Wegovy injection last night
    So far so good. I’m vegan so planning on getting in more plant based protein and stay in and around 1700 calories. I exercise daily on the peloton tread . Looking to loose around 70 lbs
  • Hardcore50yearold
    Hardcore50yearold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not on it, but my husband started the diabetes version, Ozempic, on Wednesday. Wegovy is not yet available in the UK. We're hoping to see some weight loss as he increases the dosage. He needs to lose about 100 lbs. The only side effect he had was feeling nauseous on day one.
  • sugarfreeme55
    sugarfreeme55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on 2/6. First dose I felt a little nauseous from time to time. Now I feel totally fine-sometimes I am fatigued though (not sure if it’s the medicine or the constant weather changes!) when I went to the doctor at the start of my 4th dose they said I lost 6 lbs. I’m due to start the 5th dose tomorrow and my scale is the same as last week. I am basically eating a little less than I use to but the same types of foods. I still find I crave carbs (like pretzels or crackers) and even sweets-which I was really hoping would have changed. I do need to start exercising-just trying to find the motivation and energy to get started!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • JLRavenclaw
    JLRavenclaw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started last week. I am down 5lbs but I was super nauseous and haven’t eaten much. Today that nausea has gone. I’m looking forward to the steady weight loss. I also noticed I’m not craving desserts or fried foods. The thought turns my stomach.
  • LCRaiche78
    LCRaiche78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started .5 dose last week. I feel great. I’m down 13 lbs in the 5 weeks on Wegovy. MyFitness pal has been a great tool along with the shot! It’s a lot of work, but the end result is worth it!!!
  • orangejulius
    orangejulius Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 4th and so far have lost 26 lbs. I have lost a total of 42 from my heaviest, but the first 16 took me over a year of calorie counting and Dirty Keto and IF thanks to menopause and binge episodes that would set me back. I am one of the lucky Wegovy users, as I have had very few side effects. I haven't experienced the headaches or nausea that some do and have only dealt with fatigue the day after injection and some constipation the first month and a half that required MOM. If your insurance will cover Wegovy, go for it!
  • jumper2946
    jumper2946 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I had 6 injections of semaglutide (generic name) with no weight loss results. I didn’t have any of the normal side effects, but I have had an uncommon one of hair loss. Not just a little, but a lot of hair loss. I had my last injection over a week ago so I’m hoping the hair loss stops and it starts growing back in.
  • Trishazspark
    Trishazspark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 8 days in and 5lbs down. Only 2 days of nausea after second dose and it did not last all day. I am just not hungry and not able to eat as much anymore. I also do not have cravings. I think for myself I am staying very mindful of what I eat and taking my time to enjoy it. I am terrible at tracking what I eat and I do not drink enough water so I am truly going to try to incorporate these things to help on my journey. I have about 60 lbs to lose so I am in need of all of the help I can get.
  • BritnyRanee1
    BritnyRanee1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started semaglutide saturday and im down 4 pounds so far 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • meganrelmore7165
    meganrelmore7165 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I started 3 days ago and down 2 lbs. no side effects except fatigue day after I take it.
  • sttsteed
    sttsteed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Wegovy and took my second injection Saturday. I lost 30lbs right before starting it in order to get my insurance to pay for it. I have now lost 7lb on the Wegovy. I drank diet cola one day and ate chocolate another and woke up with a sharp pain on my left side which went away by late afternoon. I only get nauseous the 1st day of injections but I also get sleepy so I take a good nap throughout the nausea. Wegovy has quieted my cravings which is my issue and took my appetite away. I have an issue with binge eating when I get depressed and right now this Wegovy is good for me because I am dealing with a bit of depression. My aunt took it but got really sick but never changed her way of eating and ate a lot of junk and soda. She had to quit the Wegovy due to the side effects. I wish everyone well on their journey of health. I have lost a lot 50lb-120 different ways over the years and know the struggle.
  • cooltonic
    cooltonic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be taking my first dose of .25 Wegovy tomorrow so wish me luck. I am inspired by all of you and look forward to congratulating you all through your journey. I hope it works. I have multiple chronic pain issues which prevent me from exercise but the meds just love to put weight on me! I have about 75-80 lbs to lose. I’ll let you know how it all goes.