High protein breakfast ideas!

Options
Itsjustme86
Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
I am working with a health coach who suggested high protein meals, around 30grams. I have no idea what to make (preferably make ahead) breakfasts that are high protein!

Help!

Replies

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My morning smoothie on weekdays is:
    - 1/2 cup mango chunks (I buy frozen & thaw small amounts)
    - 1/2 cup Liberté 2% Greek yoghurt
    - 1 scoop Leanfit vanilla protein & greens
    - 1/4 cup Fibre 1 Crunchy Original cereal
    - 1 cup Elmhurst Milked Walnuts
    Top up with water to 750 mls & blend.

398 calories
    - 36 g protein
    - 55 g carbs
    - 17 g fat
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My morning smoothie on weekdays is:
    - 1/2 cup mango chunks (I buy frozen & thaw small amounts)
    - 1/2 cup Liberté 2% Greek yoghurt
    - 1 scoop Leanfit vanilla protein & greens
    - 1/4 cup Fibre 1 Crunchy Original cereal
    - 1 cup Elmhurst Milked Walnuts
    Top up with water to 750 mls & blend.

398 calories
    - 36 g protein
    - 55 g carbs
    - 17 g fat

Thanks! This looks great! I never thought of smoothies with protein powder!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I generally hit the 25-30g mark for breakfast as a vegan and, for me, the main difference between a reg-protein (15-20g) and a high-protein (25-30g) meal is the add-ins, specifically add-ins or sides with extra protein.

So, for example I like to add nuts and seeds to oatmeal. I also like to use soy milk and protein powders in smoothies or pancakes, make some TVP veggie sausages to go with my tofu scramble, make frittatas with tofu and chickpea flour, or have potato hash with two types of beans or one bean and some plant-based chorizo. If I know that I'm going to be busy that week, freezer-friendly options like breakfast burritos with tofu, potatoes, and beans are fantastic.

If you're omnivorous, you could use the same idea pretty easily by replacing the vegan ingredients with meat alternatives, such as eggs, chicken, sausage, or beef. The important thing is to figure out what you like to eat and then think of ways you can add two protein sources instead of one.

This discussion might help you out when trying to decide:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also/p1
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The recipes section on MFP has a high protein section with some breakfast ideas not awhole lot but enough to get you started on some meal prep 😉😋
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This looks great! I never thought of smoothies with protein powder!

No problem! Not only is it fast and tasty, on weekdays I need something portable. I work out before work, fasted due to GI issues if I eat too close beforehand, so I just throw it in my bag in a shaker cup and drink it at my desk. It's a bit tough to dig into a plate of bacon and eggs between phone calls 😉
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Skyr, or fat free greek yoghurt is high protein , fat free and ideal breakfast. Add fruits etc to taste.
  • midgetjem74
    midgetjem74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats is good. Quick and easy to make. Oats & fat free high protein yoghurt to use in it. Add a variety of seeds. Easy to pack up and transport. dzxyn4nsxe7o.jpg

Recipe
    1/2 cup-50g rolled oats
    1/2 cup-125ml of milk of choice
    1/4cup-65ml non-fat Greek yoghurt
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    1/4 twaspoon of vanilla extract

*pina colada- Coconut & pineapple
    *Peanut & jello - 1tbsp jam, 1tbsp peanut butter, 1/4cuo diced strawberries, 2tbsp crushed peanuts.
    *apple pie - 1/4cup diced apple, 1tbsp pecans, 2tsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    *cheeky monkey- 1/2 banana sliced, 1tbsp chocolate spread, 1tbsp crushed hazelnuts, 1tbsp dark chocolate chips
    *bakewell tart-1/2 cup Coconut shredded or dedicated, 1tbsp of almonds of choosing, 1tsp of raspberry jam, 2 drops of almond essence

So many more something different everyday.