Looking for Accountability Partner & support

Options
I plan on getting back to logging food and getting on the treadmill. My husband unfortunately is not supportive as he doesn't have any weight issues.
I also have heart issues. Having trouble getting started. And would love to have some people who are in the same boat to help each other.
I have about 80 pounds to lose.

Replies

• StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Start today and set goals for yourself! I've just rejoined MFP though I've been logging manually the past couple of months. I missed the community aspect here. I'm also a treadmill user. My next fitness goal is to be able to run 45-60 minutes a few times a week. I'll start with short run intervals and gradually increase.

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I agree....setting goals is good. Is there a 5 or 10 km walk organized in your area later in the Spring or over the summer? That could be something to aim for. Just don't make your goals too daunting. For example, 80 pounds can seem overwhelming, but 10 pounds? That's do-able. And then the next 10 pounds. And so on. I lost 90 pounds and that's how I did it. I just looked at the next 10 pounds. If I'd looked at the whole 90 it would have defeated me.

Also, you say you have heart issues so to me, this extra weight is not about vanity, or looking good. It's about your health. And what husband wouldn't support their wife in their quest for optimum health?
  • Taliababy2023
    Taliababy2023 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Lisa. I understand completely, I don’t have a supportive husband either, he doesn’t have weight issues. I need to lose 80 lbs as well. I’m limited on what kind of exercise I can do. I broke my back years ago, but have fibromyalgia since then as well as a torn meniscus too. I would love to find a dance program that helps lose weight?
  • HaviMom75
    HaviMom75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same boat! I have 80 pounds to reach my ideal weight but honestly I’d just be happy to weigh under 200 again. I have tons of health issues now and am only 47…like sleep apnea and PCOS…so I’m in this for health and not vanity.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I have lost 12 lbs so far, have 77 more to go. I am almost 52 and have health issues as well (interstitial lung disease, lichen sclerosus, hidratenitis suppurtiva, sleep apnea and a few others). Hoping losing weight will help.
  • fiddicat
    fiddicat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have used MFP off and on for years. I am taking a tour that requires walking 5-6 miles per day. First thing I did was clear off the treadmill. I started at 5 minutes and than 10. Five weeks later and I am at 60 minutes about 5 days per week. 20 minutes is a built in fat burning program with incline and variable speeds. Lost 15 pounds so far and aiming for about 10 in the next 5-6 weeks. Incentive and motivation as I have rarely traveled. I am at the lowest weight I have been in over 45 years. Got past my trouble with habit breaking at 5 weeks. Back on track after a 2 pound gain a week ago. Find a goal that is really important to you. Health and money never did it for me (bad me).
  • fiddicat
    fiddicat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was always good with logging. I bought a Fitbit and went premium while I work on weight loss, endurance, and exercise. I am focusing on walking faster as I wanted to use the treadmill we have at home. I figured I would keep this up for a year as walking and hiking are things I like. Eventually, I will add in balance exercises and fun movements. I don’t plan to run or jog due to knees. I have been sedentary so walking is safe to me. Good luck.