Ask me if I'm pregnant. I dare you...

Options
Well the subject says it all. I look pregnant even though I haven't been pregnant since August of 2010. I am really serious about weight loss this time. I want to be healthy for my kids. I also feel guilty that I am married to a man that works out all the time and currently holds the bench press record for his weight class in our state. I feel bad that he has a 6 pack and then here I come 5'11 weighing in over 200 pounds. It's hard enough to blend in fat but when you're 5'11 there's no hiding!! I also miss the attention and the self esteem booster that comes with the glances and compliments I used to receive from the opposite sex. 2011 was a hard year for our family and I'm looking to end it on a positive note.:happy:

Replies

• mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I dont know much, but as a man... unless you have a baby shooting out of your vag I am NOT asking if you are pregnant :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I hope you find everything you need to be successful here, and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask!
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I dont know much, but as a man... unless you have a baby shooting out of your vag I am NOT asking if you are pregnant :)

LOL!! That's what I say!! Some people are idiots...
  • rachealrr
    Options
    YOUU GO GIRL!!! feel free to add me!! im on the diet wagon also!!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You're right about not being able to hide when you're 5'11"! I missed that attention also, and MFP put me back on the right track. Sounds like your husband will most likely support you and help you meet your goals, too.

Congratulations on making the decision to get fit and healthy. Welcome to MFP!!! You're gonna love it here!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I always wanted to be taller, because you can eat more... Just sayin. I am sure once you get in your groove, you will be getting plenty of glances again. Welcome to the board.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    awwww, don't worry, people are idiots..

one of my friends is thin: she's about 5'8" and maybe 140 lbs. and when she was in an airport, a flight attendant touched her stomach and was like "pregnant???" She in no way, shape or form looked pregnant...
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem and carry all my wieght in the front like a big preganat belly!! Welcome to this great site full of wonderful people and I wish you the very best of luck!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    great start...you can add me if you'd like.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

OMG!!! Love it
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's hard enough to blend in fat but when you're 5'11 there's no hiding!!

I'm 5'11'' and I started out over 300 lbs and when I tell people that they don't believe me. I have to disagree with you on that point, but then again, it might depend on body type.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    Well the subject says it all. I look pregnant even though I haven't been pregnant since August of 2010. I am really serious about weight loss this time. I want to be healthy for my kids. I also feel guilty that I am married to a man that works out all the time and currently holds the bench press record for his weight class in our state. I feel bad that he has a 6 pack and then here I come 5'11 weighing in over 200 pounds. It's hard enough to blend in fat but when you're 5'11 there's no hiding!! I also miss the attention and the self esteem booster that comes with the glances and compliments I used to receive from the opposite sex. 2011 was a hard year for our family and I'm looking to end it on a positive note.:happy:

i know how that is. i had my baby july of 2010, and at july 2011 i still looked 9 months, added with the fact my hubby is 6'2, 195 when wet and very fit, and i was 260, yea, not a nice feeling. espically since before we got married and was very thin and got comments all the time. total bummer, but now ive lost 40 of the 60 i gained so far, getting to be a good year :) you'll do it, it sucks but you got to remember you didnt gain it all in a week, so you won't lose it in a week. good luck!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When I used to work retail years ago, I had WOMEN ask me all the time if I was pregnant or when I was due! I punched a hole in a cork board after the last time. It is so frustrating but I have been lucky that people haven't asked in years. I have never had kids, so this was always a blow to my ego!

Keep up your awesome work and keep losing!
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    people are idiots why would you ever ask anyone that? Does no one have a mental filter anymore?
  • jenscot25
    Options
    Welcome, and I always wanted to be taller, because you can eat more... Just sayin. I am sure once you get in your groove, you will be getting plenty of glances again. Welcome to the board.

It worked that way for a while but after having 3 babies in 4 years, everything I ate stayed right in the old flabby belly!!:wink:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just had my 4th baby 3 months ago. I'm working on losing the baby weight. It's frustrating because I lost 90 lbs before I got pregnant and now I'm whining about 10 more pounds. It sounds like hubby would be a great resource for the working out and MFP is a terrific resource for the food!!! You can do this!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

It worked that way for a while but after having 3 babies in 4 years, everything I ate stayed right in the old flabby belly!!:wink:

I know exactly how you feel!!!!! Stupid baby belly!!!
  • jenscot25
    Options
    It's hard enough to blend in fat but when you're 5'11 there's no hiding!!

I'm 5'11'' and I started out over 300 lbs and when I tell people that they don't believe me. I have to disagree with you on that point, but then again, it might depend on body type.

I ment blend in with the crowd. I know what you are saying. People don't believe how much I actually weigh either.
  • jonesdy
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Feel free to add me as well... I have also been asked that exact same question... I've been working on this for 5 days and love the feedback from everyone here!!!

Feel free to add me!! : )

GOOD LUCK!!!