Someone's idea of a "wellness" breakfast

Options
Every Friday, my company has a "wellness" breakfast. Normally it's not a very nutritionally sound meal,
but today was a little crazy. I snapped a picture of our breakfast.

wellness.jpg

This will NOT be what it looks like when it's my turn!

Replies

• utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Take a picture when it's your turn!!

Even though all of that looks yummy I see a crash in about an hour due to all the sugar and refined carbs!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    haha that's what my company breakfasts look like. I always pack something from home or leave something in the fridge even when I know they want to do something "breakfasty" the next morning. its definitely why so many people start to gain weight their first few years on the job. something about a plain bagel with some cream cheese slapped on & a glazed donut isnt very appetizing.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    What? No gravy? That's bull****.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Can't have a wellness breakfast without pounds of bacon! WTH.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Well..................
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    oh there was bacon there, they just ate it all. that empty tray was full of white flour English muffin egg sandwiches with cheese and bacon on them too.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I's hungry!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    holy cow that is a lot of carbs! Even if there was bacon and egg sandwiches, there are going to be a lot of sleepy workers in about an hour.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My teeth hurt from looking at this
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thant seriously hurt my stomach to look at.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Just looking at that pic spiked my insulin level. Carbs anyone? lol
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I guess by "wellness" they just mean they're not skipping breakfast... which is a start.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You know what would be good? A few different cereals. Yogurt cups, A bunch of berries to add to both. Also bacon. Just kiddin.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just...........wow.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's hard not to comment on stuff like that, but I don't want to offend anyone. I guess I'll let my own breakfast do my talking for me.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What? No gravy? That's bull****.

:laugh: Everybody knows that gravy is the soul of wellness!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Really, they call it a "wellness breakfast" and ppl bring stuff like that? Wow. That's just sad. :frown:
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    lol, that's what our office looks like sometimes too...am not looking forward to the holidays...My workout partner & I both work here so when we know they are bringing in the crappy food we make our own high protein crustless quiches and stuff that tastes good, is nutritionally dense and leaves you satisfied....still sucks to have to be around it tho...
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Just think how much better everyone will feel when it's your turn to bring a tasty, healthy, nutritious breakfast. You will be the office hero!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are not going to make some folks happy with your wellness breakfast.....hahahaha.

Isn't it sad that people truly believe that is "wellness"....or do they really believe it is crap, but too lazy to take time to cut up fruit, etc.