who runs in brooks glycerin 8

Options
runner's world picked them for "editor's choice" in march 2010. i have a chance to buy a pair for half off. thoughts?

Replies

• kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    They are my favorite shoes! Get them if you can for half off!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    runner's world picked them for "editor's choice" in march 2010. i have a chance to buy a pair for half off. thoughts?

I got that e-mail too.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Only get them if you've been properly fitted for a running shoe and that is the shoe that is best for you.
  • Felixelus
    Felixelus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half in them and I still love them! Even though I can't run in them anymore...
    I'm a neutral runner so I can wear most shoes without issue and I'd always recommend you try them out in a proper running shop. That way the assistants can tell you if they are right for your gait :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair for my wife, so far she loves them...and I bought them from that same email. I have a style of Saucony running shoes that I love, so I'm going to stick with those.
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My marathoner/triathlete husband swears by them. Where can I get my hands on this deal for him? :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have a pair. I ran in them for a couple months until I discovered that they were causing my knee pain. I think they were the right shoe for me when I got them, but as my stride evolved they were no longer right for me. When barefoot or in my Nike Frees I have no pain. As soon as I put on the Brooks, I get a sharp pain in my right knee. I think they were encouraging me to heel strike.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    My marathoner/triathlete husband swears by them. Where can I get my hands on this deal for him? :)

have him sign up for active.com's daily deals. :)
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love mine!! Just make sure they are the right shoe for you.
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I also really like the Ghost 3's and 4's. They're a fabulous neutral shoe.