Need help with macros!

Options
2»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    PS: choose macros that work for you. I thrive in super high protein. I’d chew my arm off with high carb.

…..As evidenced by the last couple weeks overseas, where we were so frantically busy I survived on chocolate bars and crusty bread sandwiches. The more I ate the more I craved.

Learn to pay attention to what satiates you the most, not necessarily what a trainer or random internet person like me suggests. You’re all that matters in this equation.

My philosophy is, I eat a darn sight better now than I did five years ago, and that in itself is a HUGE win, even if macros might be wonky or I’m simply passing out extra protein.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    PS: choose macros that work for you. I thrive in super high protein. I’d chew my arm off with high carb.

…..As evidenced by the last couple weeks overseas, where we were so frantically busy I survived on chocolate bars and crusty bread sandwiches. The more I ate the more I craved.

Learn to pay attention to what satiates you the most.

well, chocolate bars and crusty bread are like crack.

JS.

150g of carbs is perfectly reasonable if it's carrots and salad. I bet your day of chocolate and bread was 500g of carbs.

I'm the same way with sweets and wheat bread, but I can eat most other grains in a responsible way.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Learn to pay attention to what satiates you the most.

well, chocolate bars and crusty bread are like crack.

JS.

150g of carbs is perfectly reasonable if it's carrots and salad. I bet your day of chocolate and bread was 500g of carbs.

I'm the same way with sweets and wheat bread, but I can eat most other grains in a responsible way.

Random sample. You weren’t far off. 😇

giv6wh8atyvj.jpeg

The absolutely crazy thing is, I didn’t gain anywhere near what I calculated. I’m so invested in numbers I’m usually right on the money down to the pound when returning from these trips. Ain’t complaining but, dang, I guess I was working even harder than I realized, and burnt through a lotta lotta calories.

Sometimes weight management feels like weather forecasting. Best guess, no guarantees.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @springlering62 LOL at your sugar, fiber, and fat.

I do that probably twice a month and don't gain. The bigger problem is when I do it for a month and a half over the Holidays and then, yeah, I do gain.

Still tryna get rid of that :no_mouth:

• drjeff0609
    drjeff0609 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You don't have to worry about the macros so much. Focus on calories and protein in particular. Eat all the veggies you want. That 150g protein sounds like plenty. Is the 1800-2000 range targeting a certain weekly weight loss?
    You don't have to worry about the macros so much. Focus on calories and protein in particular. Eat all the veggies you want. That 150g protein sounds like plenty. Is the 1800-2000 range targeting a certain weekly weight loss?

Solid advice