thinking of doing a cleanse

Options
Hi all,
Thinking of doing a cleanse to get my body back on track and also lose a few extra lbs maybe... any suggestions.

Replies

• abbie017
    Options
    Ask your doctor for his opinion about a healthy way to do this. Some of them can be dangerous.
  • Amyding115
    Options
    I've done a liver cleanse that my friend told me about. There's no chemicals or supplements, which is great. It's a lemon a day, which is also good for the budget. She would squeeze a whole one into some hot water in the a.m. (gross!) I would add a slice to every glass of water throughout the day. It works great. The weight loss was quicker with, my skin looked awesome, it's inexpensive, and there's no crazy chemicals. Give it a shot. Good luck.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    If you're only doing a cleanse for a few days, I think you should be fine without doctor supervision. However, if you're doing it longer than three days, I would most definitely talk to a doctor first. I did a three day juice fast, and it was a great decision for me. I was alarmed about how quickly I was losing weight, so I immediately stopped into the fourth day of fasting. It takes a lot of willpower but since being off it, I've been exercising harder and eating better. Look it up and see what works for you.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    How long do you do the lemon cleanse? Just one day? Is that ALL you had that day...lemon and water? Or you ate regularly and just added lemon?
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
  • berla922
    berla922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only cleanse I've ever found that my Doctor 'okayed' and was healthy, was the AdvoCare cleanse. For more information about it (and to print info out to take to your doctor if you want) go to www.advocare.com/11054297. It's amazing, it's extremely gentle (no "chained to the potty" days), and above all - it works! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • berla922
    berla922 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only cleanse I've ever found that my Doctor 'okayed' and was healthy, was the AdvoCare cleanse. For more information about it (and to print info out to take to your doctor if you want) go to www.advocare.com/11054297. It's amazing, it's extremely gentle (no "chained to the potty" days), and above all - it works! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to wash behind your ears.
  • karmelkat20
    karmelkat20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i really want alot more enerygy, i have so much going on with two kids so i need energy.
  • Amyding115
    Options
    How long do you do the lemon cleanse? Just one day? Is that ALL you had that day...lemon and water? Or you ate regularly and just added lemon?

I did it for 30 days and I ate regularly, just added the lemon.
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just did a month cleanse. Best thing ever! There are so many out there. I think you have to find the right one for you. I personally can't fast very well, so my cleanse was herbs and no sugar, alcohol, etc