JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Bex953172 !

@PackerFanInGB I'm sorry to hear you have more medical stuff going on. I think I must be very like you, my cooking skills aren't great, and I don't enjoy it. I was brought up on a very traditional Scottish diet, mainly meat and 2 veg, or things like chips and egg. I can do those sorts of meals, but need to learn more about veg. I'm trying (a little!) and introducing a few new things. But I read recipes online and I don't even know what some of the veg is, and definitely can't buy it in the only food shop in my town!

JFT Thursday 16th

Eat 3 sensible meals yes
    Only one small snack 2
    Back exercises no
    Housework/paperwork yes

JFT Friday 17th

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Only one small snack
    Back exercises
    Grocery shopping, no sugary snacks
    Prep for Saturday

I have the best excuse ever to buy some chocolate today...I saw a mouse in my kitchen and chocolate is the best thing to tempt them into my humane trap. The one I saw has been trapped and released, but I'm sure he has friends, so keeping the trap down just now. Yep, I'm buying my mice chocolate lol.
    @teigansdad , I'm hoping your furry demons are not the same as my furry demons :)

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm✔️
    ☑️Hit at least 5,000 steps ✔️
    ☑️Get to Zumba class today ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Hit at least 5,000 steps
    ☑️Make a "green" dinner for ☘️St Paddy's Day

@PackerFanInGB I hope you will learn to love cooking… but if not there are always things you can still eat or find a way. I’m a big fan of “semi-homemade”. I will take so many shortcuts. I know I’m adding peppers and onions to something, I’ll buy the frozen bag that is pre-diced. I know that we’re making a stir fry, instead of chopping everything I’ll grab frozen bags of mixed vegetables for that too. If standing around the kitchen is painful or just not your thing find all the shortcuts that can help and make it easier. Don’t be afraid of using onion soup mix or something pre-packaged if you don’t want to measure and everything out too. As long as it doesn’t go against your diet plan or medical care, try every short cut if you don’t love cooking. Most busy people take short cuts, that’s why so many exist.

@mytime6630 I’ve never understood the free food thing. If there isn’t a limit on those “free” foods, wouldn’t you still not lose weight and overeat them as well? I would if someone told me there was no limits. I hope you love the blog recipes. I’m always open to feedback (good or bad).

@Bex953172 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 🎉
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/16/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/14)✔️
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday.✔️
    5) No oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/14)✔️
    11) None of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/14)✔️
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    13) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 3/17/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. Can some honey. (last 3/14)
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.
    3) Peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 3/20.
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/16)
    11) Up to 2.0 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/14)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Today:
    • 64 oz water :(Around 55 oz, so close but not quite there!
    • 24H Plan & Assess :)
    • WFPB meals today - Lunch: Avocado & tomato toast and fruit. Dinner: Buddha bowl with lots of greens. Snack Options: Fruit. Vegs w/hummus (or celery w/PB). Air popped popcorn. Toast w/jam. :)
    • Doctor appointment :)
    • Food prep - Clean & prep veggies for easy grabbing/salad bar containers. :(Feet were burning.
    • Close activity rings :)
    • Self-Care 30 minutes: Options: Moisturize, mani/pedi, Gentle Yoga, research, recipes, Calm app, journal.

@mytime6630, @jennysweet58, @pamperedlinny Thank you for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to look into all of them. I want to be healthy more than I care about the number on the scale, so I'm going to explore all the things. Last night I roasted broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms in the oven in some EVOO, salt & pepper and I was pleasantly surprised. I've never roasted veggies before and to be honest I had a hard time with the smell...but it tasted so good! So, I'm going to expand my horizons and get after it. All your recipe/meal suggestions sounded so good. I love Mexican and Asian flavors. I've been getting stabbing pains when standing, so shortcuts are definitely going to be important if I want to be successful. So, again, thank you!

@Bex953172 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL LADY! I knew your birthday was close to mine. I didn't remember it was the day before mine though! :smiley: I hope you have the special day you deserve. Love the insightful reminder to use our data to level up our choices! It's really all about the data and making small 1% level ups to reach our goal.

@mytime6630 I hope the changes in your daughter's Rx's help! I think it is so great that you were able to be in on that appointment to keep her honest. Keeping you & yours in my prayers.

Just for Today
    24H Plan & Assess
    WFPB meals: Lunch: Avocado/tomato toast. Fruit. Dinner: Roasted veggies. Pasta or Baked potato. Side salad. Snack Options: Pita crackers or chips w/pica de gallo. Fruit. Veggies w/hummus. Sourdough toast.
    64 oz water
    Home Care: Floors. Dust. Laundry.
    Clean & Prep Food: Refrigerator salad bar. Chopped onion & peppers for cooking. Batch cook rice and beans.
    Close Activity Rings.
    Gentle Yoga or Tai Chi
    Bedtime Routine: Begin getting ready 30 minutes before. Read for 1 hour before lights out.

WOTY 2023: Balance
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Bex! Heading out for a weekend away.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch, except freggies. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Bex!!!! I hope Ash and the girls spoil you today!

gpojdvp0l9c0.jpg
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thurs, 3/16
    1. go to gym. DOne that .. plus took a 2 mile walk in the rain. But, it is 59 degrees out .. and suppose to get very cold tomorrow. :)
    2. log all food >:) Went totally off track today .. so much that I didn't even log it. But ... its one day.
    3. concentrate on water >:)
    4. work on quilt :)
    JFT, Fri
    1. late again.. so posting just evening goals.
    2. no snacking!!!
    3. Making meatballs and whole wheat pasta for dinner; found a low cal recipe using sugar free pudding and graham crackers .. might help mysweet tooth, and low in calories .. if I don't eat the entire pan!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Bex953172 HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Hope your day has been wonderful!

@PackerFanInGB So sorry about your pain, hopefully will get resolved. Happy (early) birthday!

@littleblackskirt I had to laugh at your mouse story, didn't know they liked chocolate. My BIL messaged yesterday with photo of dead mouse by his workbench. I used to have a mouse problem at my older, previous house, and my cat killed the first one. I lived alone then and, since I hate mice, ended up hiring exterminators. Last night, I had a dream filled with mice! LOL I hope not a repeat tonight.

Recap R 3/16
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 8.1K 12 floors 11/14
    2) Walk dog if rain holds off ~ nope, raining when we left grocery store / PT exercises? too lazy
    3) Beef stew for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :smiley: A more mindful day yay. Net cals -32, sodium -543, fiber ok, protein & carbs excellent, fat good, 72 oz. water
    4) Errands: grocery store, Sam's Club, bank / digital declutter / clear some papers / wash dishes / call Mom (maybe visit next week?) <3 yep plan overnight visit Sun-Mon / another ta-da? refilled heated birdbath, washed towels & downloaded CPE cert from speaker TA-DA! :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers too lazy / pray :) 2x

JFT F 3/17
    1) Move hourly / min. 7500 steps
    2) PT exercises :smiley: happy me
    3) Finish leftovers meatloaf & squash for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Ta-da's: wash dishes (done) / multiple glue repair projects (1st phase done w/ help from hubby) / clear some papers / check DVR / digital declutter / email PZ again / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Gusty winds on cold day, wind chill currently 9F (-13C) oh my! No dog walk again. Only walked 2 days this week due to 10" snow, rain, cold & wind. Geez. Supposedly, the first day of spring is Monday. LOL

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 44 ~ maintaining weight instead of losing is not my goal LOL

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 1x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Change!! Going to have dinner now, about 20 minutes early due to my meeting starting early tonight.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    edited March 2023
    Options
    JFT for 3/17/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. Can some honey. (last 3/14)✔️
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) Peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 3/20.✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️Didn't eat today.
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/16)✔️
    11) Up to 2.0 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/14)✔️
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    JFT for 3/18/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. Can some honey. (last 3/14)
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/17)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday, 3/20.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/17). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/16)
    11) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/17)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts or pistachios from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    13) None of the hummus today. (last 3/17)
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Ftp test
    Drop kids off✅
    Cat litter✅
    Ac guy coming💩 AC COMPANY IS AS BAD AS CABLE COMPANY
    Closet✅
    Second trainer ride✅
    Cash Teigan’s checks✅
    Webex meeting✅
    Weights💩
    Log all food✅
    Pick up kids✅
    11-14 cups of water✅
    No beer✅
    At least 500-750 deficit with exercise✅

Good day yesterday. Man … I should have cleaned my closet before I went cloths shopping last week. Was good though… dropped a bunch off stuff at good will too. Had good Ftp test. My power is still climbing even though I’m down 10 lbs since mid February. I’ve been really motivated to be good with snacks… seems like things are going the right way because Sara said to me last night “Honey your belly is getting smaller”. Still find several of last years pants tight and some just dang impossible so still have a couple months to go.

Plan for today
    Trainer ride
    Weight train
    12-14 glasses of water
    No beer
    Print vacation papers
    Log all food
    No food after 8
    500 cal or more deficit w exercise
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny thank you so much for your insight about blogging! I have much to consider 💖
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT 3.18.2023 sat

Happy Birthday @Bex953172 🎉

Today will be successful.

So far I have had 1 egg w/ one piece buttered bread, buttered with I can’t believe it’s not butter (1/3 serving). And 16 ozs of water. Let’s let today move forward strongly.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @PackerFanInGB - Happy Birthday!

I wish I had more time to comment this morning, as I know many of you are dealing with such difficult situations. My heart goes out to each one of you, and I admire your strength and persistence. <3<3<3

I didn't manage to post yesterday, but I logged, walked, and stayed hydrated and under my calorie limit. Same basic goals in what promises to be another very busy day.
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB- Roasted veggies are YUM!! I'm not a fan of green beans but somehow if they're roasted with a little EVO, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper I will eat a giant bowl of them. :) Cauliflower is another one that I won't eat plain but if it's roasted, mashed, or riced and mixed with other stuff I'm good to go! You mentioned you liked Mexican flavors - another swap we do a lot is to use Boca or other meatless "crumbles" in tacos - if you add taco seasoning (or I actually just add some cumin & chili powder to cut down on salt) it gives a very similar taste/texture to ground beef (especially with the usual toppings on top) and has a fraction of the calories & no cholesterol.

Stopped logging at dinner and went over my calories yesterday...not a full-blown binge, but I think a result of not getting enough sleep which really ups my hunger levels all day. Today my sister & BIL are spending the night and we're going out to eat at a nice restaurant - so I'll be aware of making good choices but I'm not going to worry about logging today.

So JFT:
    1. make healthy choices wherever possible, have small portions of things that will make me feel deprived if I watch others have them while I pretend to "not be that hungry." That will backfire and almost always trigger a binge...so I'll give this moderation thing a go. :)
    2. cleaning will be my exercise today. The kitchen floor alone will be a workout.
    3. Drink at least 64 oz water before we go out to eat tonight
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @PackerFan001 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

14qtrm7w8ac8.gif
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited March 2023
    Options

Just for Today
    24H Plan & Assess
    WFPB meals: Lunch: Avocado/tomato toast. Fruit. Dinner: Roasted veggies. Pasta or Baked potato. Side salad. Snack Options: Pita crackers or chips w/pica de gallo. Fruit. Veggies w/hummus. Sourdough toast. :)
    64 oz water :)
    Home Care: Floors. Dust. Laundry. :#Will move to tomorrow. Legs hurt after standing in kitchen doing the food prep and cleaning fridge.
    Clean & Prep Food: Refrigerator salad bar. Chopped onion & peppers for cooking. Batch cook rice and beans.
    Close Activity Rings. :(Was on my feet a lot but not moving, so calorie ring didn't close.
    Gentle Yoga or Tai Chi :(
    Bedtime Routine: Begin getting ready 30 minutes before. Read for 1 hour before lights out. :)

Happy Saturday, JFT friends! THANK YOU for the birthday wishes!

It's actually blue skies here today, so that certainly helps with a person's mood. Today is my 63rd birthday, so we are going out to eat with my mother. She wants to go to Golden Corral since she is very limited in the foods she can eat and that will allow her a few different options. She is almost 80 years old and had throat cancer, so she has lost most of her teeth from radiation treatments. It makes it difficult for her. Anyway, I'll have to be mindful because it is easy to go hog wild at a buffet of deep fried foods that I love. I weighed myself today and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week just with the changes I've made to food choices and being mindful of my reasons for eating...hunger vs boredom/habit/emotions. I know after going out to eat tonight that my weight will be higher tomorrow on my official weigh-in day, but at least I saw that it is making a difference so that is encouraging.

@jennysweet58 I'll check out the Boca crumbles (or a variety of same). I've been hesitant in the past about soy-based foods because I have a history of breast cancer, but now there are studies saying that soy can actually be protective against it so I've been reconsidering that. There are so many different studies out there that it's hard to know what is true. Quite overwhelming, honestly! I think moderation is probably the key. Thanks for the tips! I do appreciate it.

Just for Today
    24H Plan & Assess
    WFPB meals: Lunch: Veggie wrap Fruit.[/i] Dinner: Restaurant. Eat slow, be mindful of hunger signals. Stop at enough and not "full". Snack Options: Triscuits w/hummus or pica de gallo. Fruit. Veggies. Sourdough toast. Birthday cake
    64 oz water
    Home Care: Floors. Dust. Laundry. Bills.
    Declutter: 15 minutes in one area. 15 minutes digital declutter
    Close Activity Rings.
    Bedtime Routine: Begin getting ready 30 minutes before. Read for 1 hour before lights out.

WOTY 2023: Balance

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @PackerFan001 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    14qtrm7w8ac8.gif

Thank you, Joan!!! 63 years old! Good Lord, how did THAT happen? :D