How to get a six pack?….

Options
I’ve been going to the gym, doing various workouts, including crunches. Looking for any tips to isolate and burn belly, fat, other than cardio and crunches, any suggestions?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sadly there is no way to spot reduce. Just keep working on your core and losing body fat, to get really visible abs your % of body fat has to be around 10%.

The only way I'll ever get a 6 pack is going to the store...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

^^This.

Like was said, ab isolation work (however not pointless) won't get the results you're after.

Healthy diet (in a deficit) along with a solid lifting and cardio plan.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I posted a response to this exact question, from this exact poster, a day or two ago. I won't bother to scroll to find it, but did the OP ask again because they couldn't find the first thread to read the responses, or because they didn't like what they heard and hoped for a different answer?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    A 6 pack is a product of low overall bodyfat and ab muscles developed enough to show. For most people, chasing abs is just too much work to make it worthwhile. When you see models with abs, many times that low amount of body fat is only temporary for those photo ops. Super low bodyfat is generally unhealthy to maintain long term.