Options
2»

Replies

• tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This thread can't be serious.

*troll flag*
    Ditto to the...I could not care less WHAT I look like when I am working out as long as I get the fat off my @ss. Excuses are like..well, you all know the rest.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why it wouldnt be a real post. =S
    I as just wondering if someone could help me choose a number of calories to burn before i get off and take a break.
    Its sort of the same question a fitness instructor would ask before he makes an exercise video. (how long should it be).
    Im just asking that..
    Im sorry for seeming silly. =S

You're doing it wrong.

It's "eat food to fuel your workout". Not "workout so you can eat like crap".

Get it?

But thats the point.
    I dont eat like crap.
    I just eat when i am hungry.
    And i get hungry far too much.
  • Helice
    Options
    This thread can't be serious.

*troll flag*
    Ditto to the...I could not care less WHAT I look like when I am working out as long as I get the fat off my @ss. Excuses are like..well, you all know the rest.

I have alot of self confidence problems.
    I use to see someone about it.
    But in the end it only made me feel worse about myself.
    When i exercise i lock myself in the room so know one can see me.
    and when i wake up int the morning the first thing i do is put on my make-up.
    And when i have a shower i will stay in there an put on my make-up before i leave the room..
    I just dont want anyone to see me like without it.,
    Whenever someone does they just tell me i look rough, or skaky, etc..
  • Helice
    Options
    So you don't EVER take your makeup off??

Not if i can help it no.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    OK I think I get it. You either have a very large appetite and therefore feel the need to over exercise to compensate. OR you are over exercising so that you hit a very very low net each day.

Either way, exercising that much is not doing you any good. If you are eating 2,000 calories a day then I suggest you reduce it to 1,600 a day and aim to burn 400 (which is usually between 35-45 mins I find).

The body needs to rest, you will end up with an injury and then you won't be able to do any exercise. It may help if you opened your food diary too.
  • Helice
    Options
    OK I think I get it. You either have a very large appetite and therefore feel the need to over exercise to compensate. OR you are over exercising so that you hit a very very low net each day.

Either way, exercising that much is not doing you any good. If you are eating 2,000 calories a day then I suggest you reduce it to 1,600 a day and aim to burn 400 (which is usually between 35-45 mins I find).

The body needs to rest, you will end up with an injury and then you won't be able to do any exercise. It may help if you opened your food diary too.

I am trying to cut down on how much i eat. But i do find it very difficult.
    400 calories sounds good!
    Thank you for your help. =)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sidetrack the thread, but it really doesn't matter what other people say. You don't exist to make THEM happy. If you'd rather work out than wear makeup and not get sweaty, then go for it. I would tell anyone that called me skanky while working out... to bite me. :mad:
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    Where do you live that you get egged when jogging outside?
    And I can't see how being WITHOUT make-up could make someone look skanky. I understand wanting to wear makeup all the time (although I don't, only when I'm going out) but really if you're working out in a pool or gym, everyone else is working out too, not staring at you.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    So whats the question?

How long should i exercise for on the exercise bike before taking a break, and saying iv exercised enough for today?

I would say 30 minutes should be fine, if you raise the resistance level up.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ok ok I apologize for assuming you were a troll but ..

do you own hand weights/resistance bands/exercise balls or can you buy some? you could use them anywhere.. outside, in your bedroom, anywhere. if you start resistance or strength training, your metabolism will speed up and your body will burn more calories without you needing to sit on a bike all day. I get what you're saying about not having much time for pushups and such but mixing it up will increase your hr and get your body to burn more. eventually your body WILL get used to cycling and start using your calories more efficiently and you'll just start gaining no matter how much cycling you do. it'll be like walking. you really shouldn't need to exercise for hours a day. a few good routines and you should be set because honestly you're just tiring yourself out. try to aim for a half hour or an hour a day.

as far as your diet .. i don't really know what it looks like (you should consider making it public when you ask questions like this) but I'd suggest focusing on eating more lean proteins and complex carbs as they'll keep you feeling fuller for longer. also foods with increased fiber usually do the trick.. lots of veggies and such. its hard to over eat when you're eating a lot of veggies and fiber rich foods all day. I would also focus on removing a lot of high calorie foods from your kitchen / pantry. if they're not there, you're not consuming them and you don't have to work them off.

hope that helped!

also - what are your stats that you can consume calories so high? age/sex/height/weight?
  • Helice
    Options
    also - what are your stats that you can consume calories so high? age/sex/height/weight?

Female, 18, about 5"7. And about 128 lbs.
  • Helice
    Options
    Where do you live that you get egged when jogging outside?
    And I can't see how being WITHOUT make-up could make someone look skanky. I understand wanting to wear makeup all the time (although I don't, only when I'm going out) but really if you're working out in a pool or gym, everyone else is working out too, not staring at you.

I dont understand why this post became about make-up or swimming.
    I was asking a question about using an exercise bike..
    What does either of these 2 things have to do with that?
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Female, 18, about 5"7. And about 128 lbs.

You are toward the lower end of healthy weight range, and your calorie needs to maintain are around 2000 a day. I think you can probably relax a little.