My 2 years in pictures

Options

Replies

• fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I realise some people don't have alternative options I'm sorry for that. I am lucky on that point. I do still take the drugs but I asked my doctors to find an alternative. So we've been trying a few different drugs and at first nothing worked! But then... antihistamines. It takes about 20 pills a day composed of 7 different types but other than exhaustion the side effects are minimal. It may not last and it could just afford me a break from aggressive immune supression but I gotta say so far so good. I think that coupled with giving up working has helped me a lot. I manage to stay outta hospital these days for the most part so long as I don't take on too much. Fingers crossed :smile:

Thanks everybody for kind words, you guys are AMAZING!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are INSPIRING. i wish you so much luck on your journey! the strength you have in tackling your health issues is amazing, not to mention getting a handle on your weight.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work. I know the drugs put my 50 of 80 pounds I lost back on, so here I am with MFP and I will win. You're a great inspiration.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    love your story, well written!
  • Silchi24
    Options
    There was a healthy girl who was 137lbs and 5'10

meeeeeeeeee.jpg

She got very sick and eating cake made her happy, so cake she did eat.

mecheesecake.jpg

The girls immune system went all crazy and made her sick and then made her throat close the doctors all shook their heads :noway: and said 'time for really bad drugs.' The girl was so sad she ate more cake and as she got bigger and her hair got smaller so when she went out she added fake hair to her own hair and floaty clothes.

hairextensions.jpg

Then the girl got even more sick always with infections and throat closing all the time. And the drugs weren't enough so the doctors said 'more drugs, lots more drugs to make the swelling go away and they attacked the girls immune system with 50 pills a day.

The girl ate more cake and gave up trying to look nice. The drugs made her look different and she ate more cake and went up to 190lbs which made her look more different still. Soon she stopped caring what she looked like at all. Then her friends walked by her in the street. :sad: they didn't recognise her anymore.

swollenface.jpg

hairloss.jpg

The girl was very sad. She decided to change her life. She gave up working-she wasn't superwoman. She told the doctors NO MORE BAD DRUGS!!!! She found an alternative way of dealing with her health, still hard but less than before and with less side effects. She decided to lose some weight.

So she worked away trying to lose some weight and she got her weight down to 182lbs. Then she remembered about the mfp app on her phone. So she started logging in and going onto the website for help and support. She start losing a lot more, a lot quicker and she noticed her hair coming back more and more.

Now she's down to 167lbs and feeling a whole lot better.

She wants to get down to 145 ish but she's happy even now.

She was in town and walked by some friends. They stopped her to talk- She was recognised again!!!! :smile:

JW2.jpg

WOWWY!!! This GIRL is very lucky to have YOU! :wink: Tell this GIRL she looks fabulous and she should be proud of herself for taking charge of you her life and health, cause only oneself knows its self better than anyone else.
  • mondeflottant
    mondeflottant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl ! You look amazing, pretty and healthy. I hope your alternative treatment will stand.
    You are an example for everyone.
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: very inspirational story, hope your health is doing better. Stay encouraged sweetie!!!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome and i don't know why your story has tears in my eyes! Great job girlY!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Touching... I love how your story illustrates that the whole time, you loved that girl that was you. You cared about her and you understood why she got in that predicament. And now you love her still. Awesome journey.
  • Mindyana
    Options
    I think you look amazing. I hope you stay strong and carry on getting to where you want to be x
  • knetterk
    Options
    You seem so strong within now!!! Hugs for all your sadness, you are beautiful inside and OUT!!!
  • bosslady224
    Options
    WTG! You look great! Keep up the good work and con't to stay strong! Here's to good health..cheers!:drinker: ....:wink:
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have MS which is also a disease that's hyperactive immunity, and I read that a teaspoon of cinnamon a day can help in particular with immune illnesses. I try to have a teaspoon most days, but it's not harmful, and it might be helpful. I do also take medication though. So far the last month or two, so good without any new symptoms. Either it's the medication, the exercise, the diet, or cinnamon LOL I'm not really sure. Keep it up!
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    Congratulations hun! u look good!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You have been through so much!!! I am so pleased you got away from the doctors... Shudders... xx hugs to you lovely lady xx
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You look stunning :o) Well done for being strong through everything. Wishing you a happy & healthy future x
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    That's a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing!:flowerforyou:
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It is ironic that just after posting I end up in a blip. Im back in but I have asked for some answers assertively. I am taking their steroid drugs but I am controlling whatever I can in terms of my choices. I am going to think about their request to recommence immune suppression on another aggressive drug. Im leaning towards no. I will sleep on it, life really is a journey full of lots of little stories and choices and happily ever after is relative to situation and factors within that. I feel like I have failed because my body is not co-operating with my brain. It is beyond my control.

Where I feel I fail-I succeed in learning.
    I have learned that I can not control everything, but that which I can control, I will,Ill exercise my choice and decision.
    Ill make the best choices I can. I cant be on rabbit food with my medication it will hurt me and make me very sick and is counter productive. I need to eat enough. I can make healthy choices avoid junk food,salt, greasy unhealthy food. Just do the best I can with what I have...I think thats my happily ever after....finding balance and doing what I can where I can
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Girl tells great story of how girl becomes happy again, boy is happy reading about how happy girl is. :) you look great.

Girl is also happy that other girl is happy again. This girl is so happy that the other girl found that no more drugs and eating great nutrition is the right approach.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!