Losing weight quickly in one week? (not the first week)

Options
Before you assume this is water weight from starting a new diet, here's my story. I started back in July and the first week I lost 6 pounds. The next was 3 and then it slowed down between .5-1.0 pound. I've lost a total of 22 pounds so far in the past 2 months and feeling great. I eat at least over 1200 net calories (my overall calories range from 1400 on a rest day to 2000 on a workout day) with an average of 1600-1800 calories. Also I lost inches all over my body, with my chest seeing the most loss. As a matter of fact, I've dropped a dress size.

Then this week happened and I was 220 pounds. I thought, yeah it's going to be another week I'll lose a pound. No big deal. However, I weigh myself yesterday and is down to 218 pounds. I wasn't feeling to well but still managed to eat and exercise. Then this morning, it was 216. I'm still not feeling well and decided to have a "rest day" today but the weight kept on dropping. Is it from the weeks of losing .5 pounds catching up? Is it because I'm sick? Is it because of getting PMS next week? I really don't get it. I felt I might've lost some lean muscle as well as fat but I don't want to lose so quickly in a week, especially if I'm eating as much as I can to lose no more than 2 pounds a week.

Replies

• 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    It sounds great just keep doing what your doing. I think it all balances itself out. You may not always have those big losses so relish them when they happen. Keep up the GREAT work.:smile:
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    I've been experiencing this too, but I still feel pretty good. This definitely isn't my first week either. Anyone know what's going on?
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    My weight loss also does some crazy things:-) I went a few weeks with no loss, no cheating, and exercising and was getting discourged, but the next week I loss 8 pounds! Crazy!
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldnt question it. Go with it. Your body is gonna do what its gonna do. Mine does something similar. I dont see a loss for weeks and then BAM! Im blindsided with a 3-6 lb loss over a few days. It sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be doing! Keep up the good work girl!
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    Maybe it's just catching up from the slow weeks??? Well, whatever it is....good job! LOL!
  • BeeRod527
    Options
    And before anyone asks, yes I'm drinking plenty of water. At least 8 glasses a day, sometimes more. As for food I'm consuming, I eat whatever but keeping tabs on how much I'm consuming.
  • MrsKyhemia
    Options
    I've been experiencing this too, but I still feel pretty good. This definitely isn't my first week either. Anyone know what's going on?

Wow!!! You lost 56lbs since June 2011??
  • BeeRod527
    Options
    Anyone else wanna take a stab at what's going on?