Share MyFitnessPal premium subscription with my husband

Options
I just started my second year (Nov 1st) as a MyFitnessPal premium subscriber. My husband just today decided that he would like to track his meals too. I went into Apple settings to share my subscription with him and MyFitnessPal does not show up as an app that can be shared. How do I set up MyFitnessPal so my husband can take advantage of the $80 annual subscription fee we have already paid on my account?
Please don’t tell me I cannot use Apple Family Sharing with MyFitnessPal. I do not want to pay the annual subscription fee twice so we can both use the premium features. Until now I have been extremely happy with your app. If I can’t share my premium subscription with him, I will have to rethink my decision to subscribe for another year and ask for a refund. Please help me resolve this issue.
Lynn

Best Answer

Answers

• dzturner
    dzturner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    Currently the MyFitnessPal Premium subscription is not eligible for iTunes Family Sharing. More information on this can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

Are you trying to suggest that Apple is preventing you? I don’t believe that, this is with MyFitnessPal and your developers to opt-in to sharing and configure the app to allow family members to share the benefit.
  • sirendall
    sirendall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the free one-month trial, but I assumed I would be able to share it with my wife when I start to pay for the premium service. Sorry, but not being able to share is not an option. I will not be moving forward with the premium service.
  • DidYouSayHairyGum
    Options
    Completely agree. Signed up to forums just to voice my disappointment in their options.

No way you’ll get 2x the sub from my family.
  • dvand31
    dvand31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This worked for many years, my wife and i shared the app premium. It no longer is working and now the subscription ends. Good bye. :s
  • peterjohaluk
    peterjohaluk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree, I will be discontinuing my membership. We should be able to share with our spouse .
  • tolgabalci
    tolgabalci Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    For years I used the free version and delt with the adds, but would like to pay to get rid of the adds and additional features, but over $300 PER YEAR for, myself, my wife and two of my kids is ridiculous.
  • Berriesweet26
    Berriesweet26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah i cancelled because i should not have to pay $160 a year for my spouse and i to use the plan. They should allow family plans. Shooting themselves in the foot with this one.
  • JTShadow
    JTShadow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon this trying to share premium with my wife on Android since the basic functionality of scanning barcodes seems to be removed on her account. Unfortunately if there is no way to share, I'll also be joining the non-renewal club, especially because the tracking is a sloppy mess, some items have so many inaccurate results and supports response is basically, oh well.
  • epwats
    epwats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is disappointing. Will not be paying $160 for myself and my husband and will not be renewing.
  • tsims2525
    tsims2525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just adding my two cents: I am shopping for a premium-based calorie tracking app, and will be eliminating MyFitnessPal from my short list because it doesn't let my wife and I share a single subscription.
  • aminde
    aminde Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I won't sign up for the paid subscription because it doesn't have family sharing. $160 is too much.
  • boabee
    boabee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sucks big time. All these wellness apps coming out and they are mostly in the $120+ for a yearly subscription fee. Theres absolutely no way Id pay twice for me and my partner.

Every wellness app should have family sharing or at least the ability to share it with one significant other.

No subscription from me either.

• markpiggott1494
    markpiggott1494 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here... I have signed up for MyNetDiary rather as this does support Apple Family sharing...
  • aseldawy
    aseldawy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s disappointing. Will not subscribe unless they allow family share.